When do WT antlers drop in your area?

Zak406

Lil-Rokslider
It really seems weather dependent here which I equate to stress on the animal.

In pa when it is cold and snowy I’ve seen them start dropping in mid January. I have seen others hang on until feb- march with better conditions.

PMcGee

WKR
In PA it’s not that uncommon to see some shed in rifle season early December. But I’ve seen them still holding in late March. I’d say most are in January though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PSDBowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Found a fresh, matched set on Christmas day here in Northcentral PA.

Typically I would say end of Feburary/beginning of March.

Attachments

• PXL_20231225_195250249.jpg
    PXL_20231225_195250249.jpg
    691.6 KB · Views: 30

Zak406

Lil-Rokslider
Found a fresh, matched set on Christmas day here in Northcentral PA.

Typically I would say end of Feburary/beginning of March.
Nice looking dog. What county you in? I am in westmorland but have a camp in elk county

Macintosh

WKR
Usually start shedding some time in February around me in northern new england. Had a trail camera out over winter in one area in a neighboring state where we had multiple bucks on camera with 1 antler in late dec/early jan. Thats abnormally early, even in that area.

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve picked my earliest shed up on January 1st (central MN) and I’ve seen antlers on hard horned deer into mid April (big central Iowa 10, with 4 other shed out bucks!).

sram9102

WKR
The buck I was hoping to run into last year dropped one antler on on 2.13 and the other on 2.14 earlier this year. I never got a picture or laid eyes on him after that. I have pictures of bucks, mostly small, with antlers into late march.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Wingshooter

Lil-Rokslider
Ohio is generally the end of January through March I have killed good bucks around the 19th-20th of January, gotta love the predictable food source in the late season.

Stave

Lil-Rokslider
Central KY. December to March, but it definitely peaks in February. We normally find our biggest sheds right around Valentine's day, but last year I saw a bachelor group with antlers in late March.