When your brain registers the shot - Scatt system

TaperPin

WKR
I ran across this cool video and it is the first time I’ve seen an electronic trainer that tracks the fraction of a second before the trigger pull - the time between when your brain says shoot and the finger actually breaks the shot.

Even if you aren’t interested in an electronic trainer, it’s a great video for any shooter, especially new shooters, to make sense out of what is actually happening between rifle movement and trigger control. It’s a very hard concept to explain, let alone teach, but that 2/10ths of a second before the rifle fires the sight picture direction and speed has to be in the correct rhythm, tempo, flow, pattern, or whatever you want to call it. We are taught to squeeze the trigger on target, but we are actually wanting the gun to fire slightly before and the lag in our finger pressure gives the rifle enough time to get to the center of target.

I think everyone should try small bore silhouette to improve trigger control, but that’s a whole other topic. Lol

OP
TaperPin

TaperPin

WKR
There are a lot of Olympic training videos if anyone is curious - the guy who made this video has a whole bunch of 3 position videos.

This video really shows the difference between an efficient shot and someone who over thinks it and spends way too much time to get the shot off. On a target it doesn’t matter, but it could be the difference between a deer or watching the deer run off.