Where does the dog go in your truck?

KurtR

WKR
Stories like that make my heart hurt. My dog used to ride in the cab with me. Then I read/saw some studies on even small fender bender accidents and dogs getting seriously injured. I have too much time and money wrapped into my bird dogs. Investment in secured kennels was an easy decision.
I could not agree more

tony

WKR
Back seat in my ranger (crew cab)
Back of my GFs Jeep Cherokee, long trips we toss one of his beds back there. Also have a few seat covers that clip to the front and rear head rests. Sides zip up and strap to the hand holds on the roof.

DosAmigos

FNG
Whats the story on the weldment ontop the kennels?
It’s an aluminum rack with a 3 1/2 gallon water tank in the middle. The rack bolts on to the kennels with J Bolts. Super sturdy. I’ve owned it 6 yrs with zero issues. Made by Marengo Bend Custom Fabrication out in Louisiana. You can customize to ur specs

Two Dakota 283 crates strapped down in the bed, under the topper. Mud River crate covers in the winter. I love my dogs to death. I have a ton of money and time into them, and they are part of the family. It’s too easy for them to get hurt or killed anywhere else.
100% agree. Have the exact set up. Know of several dogs who’ve died in car wrecks from not being kenneled and riding in the cab.IMG_7026.jpeg

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
I feel like a neanderthal compared to some of you but my dog just goes in the back of the pick up....he doesn't get tied in or anything, just rides back there old school like dogs have been doing as long as I can remember.

Now I feel like maybe I'm abusing him after reading this thread :ROFLMAO:

I'm getting ready to upgrade from a small Toyota to something bigger for my growing family (wife, 2 kids, both in car seats and dog) and I'm torn between a full size pick up and a 4Runner.

The 4runner seems like the obvious choice because I can easily put my pup in the back, he's about 90 lbs FWIW.

I've wanted a truck for a long time but not sure where to put the dog when the whole family is loaded up.

For those of you with trucks as your family rig, where do you put the dog on trips?
The passenger seat

My pack of little beasts are great travelers, after the initial chaos of going on a road trip, they are very easy to travel with.

Past couple years we’ve been bouncing back and forth from our house on the north central coast to our house on the southern border of the state, sometimes weekly, and luckily they are good in a rig

Attachments

• IMG_4424.jpeg
    IMG_4424.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4662.jpeg
    IMG_4662.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5073.jpeg
    IMG_5073.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5586.jpeg
    IMG_5586.jpeg