How much hunting does your wife let you get by with?

Stalker69

WKR
My wife " let's me hunt" any time I want. I could hunt more then I want to, and she wouldn't say anything. I think this makes sense. She wouldn't stop me from one day of hunting, if that's what I wanted to do. So in other words she would " allow" me to hunt more then I desire to hunt.

Swamp Fox

WKR
My wife has ALWAYS told me that "women invinted hunting seasons so we can go shop while you're away." She has NEVER said anything except maybe a time limit on Thanksgiving and/or Christmas.....
I am a life-long bachelor. I have always held my Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day hunts sacred. They are special days to hunt. That is my alone time, my contemplative time, and I used to defend it fiercely.

My best serious girlfriends understood that, and the best of the best went out of their way to bring me left-overs the next day. : ) Those are the sweet girls you want to devote yourself to, because they are devoted to you.

So whether you are a swinging dick or just a dumbass like me, find a girl like that.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bb/9b/25/bb9b252599daec5887a80d7065378747.jpg
bb9b252599daec5887a80d7065378747.jpg

Last edited:

87TT

WKR
My wife sets her alarm to make sure I get up in time to go hunting. And she makes me a big batch of zucchini nut bread (with extra nuts like I like) for me to eat when I am out in the woods. No limit on time or days.

Mish-pop

FNG
While my wife and I were dating I used to play city league sports 1-2 nights a week, fish here and there, and hunt a good share of weekends in the fall but nothing crazy. Well, once we became more serious and got engaged we talked about how much I was away on nights and weekends. So we made a deal that I would play 1 night of sports a week in summer, pretty much just fish if someone asked me to go (2-3x a year now), and then hunt how much and whenever I wanted.

Playing less sports, fishing less (which is fine as I enjoy hunting way more) and hunting as much as I want was the best decision and agreement we have ever made! Besides tying the knot of course!!

87TT

WKR
Not only does my wife encourage me to go hunting but while I’m gone she likes to split the winter firewood And stack it in the Woodshed! Man I got lucky.

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm content with what I've got going on, I know where the limits are and stay within them, we've both got 9-5's, family comes first. Having kids has been an adjustment, I've found its easier to take days off during the week than try to hunt all weekend, like I said keep mama happy and the home fires burning. Just curious what everyone else runs into, I've got one buddy that can barely get 2 days for rifle deer season.
Sounds like you have a poor arrangement same as your buddy….

Phaseolus

WKR
Mine used to hunt/backpack with me when we were younger. No restrictions on hunting time at all