Where is the Kifaru warranty on packs?

I'm blind or lost, where does Kifaru have their warranty explained? I'm about to buy a daypack and wanted to know the warranty period and I can't seem to find any info on it. I found a support page on Google but clicking the warranty link doesn't take me to where I would expect it to.

TrueAt1stLight

Lil-Rokslider
I figured it’s lifetime but to your point, I couldn’t find anything on their website either!

MattB

WKR
Call them and ask. I have only ever had to use their warranty once in ~20 years and it was due to wear. No problems, great service.

I tried to use the “lifetime” warranty and was told that they wouldn’t fix it, as it required swapping out too much on the sewing machine. They said I could get 10% off the purchase of a new one though…..

For reference I had a stay pocket on a KU 3700 come open and wanted it sewn shut like it supposed to be.

I had a dog eat the padding off the frame. I bought the new back sheet and they fixed it. I thought that was more than fair. Easy and simple.

I'll let you know when I get done dealing with them. Currently have a 44mag bag that has a hole in one of the side pockets.

OP
D
Call them and ask. I have only ever had to use their warranty once in ~20 years and it was due to wear. No problems, great service.
I shouldn't have to though, that's really basic and important information. Plus, without a written policy what do you hold them to?

OP
D
I tried to use the “lifetime” warranty and was told that they wouldn’t fix it, as it required swapping out too much on the sewing machine. They said I could get 10% off the purchase of a new one though…..

For reference I had a stay pocket on a KU 3700 come open and wanted it sewn shut like it supposed to be.
Did you buy a new one? Was the their whole reason the sewing machine? That doesn't instill confidence.

When was this? I would love it if they would make me a KU 3700, they have been discontinued for what 10 years now?

Luked

WKR
When I bought my OG Stryker one of the Molle straps had the stitching come loose.
Sent it back they just sent me a new one.
Never heard anything bad about dealing with Kifaru on stuff like that

If you want a real pack stick with a good company. If the "warranty" is more important there are companies that will give you that. Is your aim to use the pack or the warranty ?

f16jack

WKR
I have an Kuiu Icon 5200 backpack (purchased 2013). Last week both carbon upper supports broke. I sent the warranty info to Kuiu and they denied the warranty claim, stating: "it does not fall within the coverage guidelines set forth by our Warranty Policy due to the age of the frame."
Not sure what their lifetime warranty covers, but so far it's not what I had hoped. Perhaps it will eventually be covered by them, but I'm not holding my breath.

I just visited the kifaru store on my way from Idaho to Wyoming to get some things fixed. Aron was there, had some work done quickly, free of charge. No questions asked. Best warranty experience I've had

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I have an Kuiu Icon 5200 backpack (purchased 2013). Last week both carbon upper supports broke. I sent the warranty info to Kuiu and they denied the warranty claim, stating: "it does not fall within the coverage guidelines set forth by our Warranty Policy due to the age of the frame."
Not sure what their lifetime warranty covers, but so far it's not what I had hoped. Perhaps it will eventually be covered by them, but I'm not holding my breath.
For how much those things are always on sale thats kinda surprising they wouldnt take care of you. Especially from someone who wassupporting them in the very beginning

f16jack

WKR
Update. I called them and they said that the lifetime warranty is for the normal lifetime of the product. For a backpack they have defined that as 8 years. So it's a product lifetime, not mine. So, no warranty coverage, but they did offer a substantial discount to me for a replacement pack.

Marble

WKR
Update. I called them and they said that the lifetime warranty is for the normal lifetime of the product. For a backpack they have defined that as 8 years. So it's a product lifetime, not mine. So, no warranty coverage, but they did offer a substantial discount to me for a replacement pack.
That's not horrible. I wish it was spelled or a little better for everyone.

8 years is pretty good.

My buddy broke his pack frame this year. Cheaper psck with an aluminum frame. He got 6 seasons of elk hunting out of it. I've beat my kifaru up pretty good. Broke a buckle one time riding my bike with about 110-140 pounds in it. Wasn't too smart. But it is damn tough.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk