Which 15x56 binos- Meopta or Maven?

Dead eye BT

Lil-Rokslider
I’m dangerously close to ordering up a pair of Maven B5s in 15x56 or Meopta Meostars in 15x56... Does anyone have any first hand experience comparing the Mavens and the Meopta in 15x56?

I actually have both in 8x30 and 8x32, Maven B3 and Meopta Meostar, respectively. In that class, I prefer the Meoptas, just slightly.

Any real world experience of either of the above in 15x56, or better yet, both, would be much appreciated.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
In our opinion as well as multiple postings on many different forums, the Meostar's are as close as you can get to a Swarovski SLC and Meopta is a high quality, long established optical company

Doug sold me some meoptas and I couldn’t be happier. On a tripod (very important) they are extremely nice and clear. Couldn’t tell the difference between these and the swaros that they were right next to (not to me at least) and mucho dinero cheaper.

mcr-85

WKR
If you'd like to give some Zeiss a try I'm selling a pair. :)

I have looked through the Meopta's. They are pretty nice optics.

I have the Meostar 15x56 HD and love them. They are a great optic to glass with. I have not compared them to the 15x Mavens but I have compared the Meostar 10x42 HD to the Maven B1 10x42 and I preferred the Meostar although I thought the B1 was very nice.

I've had Meostar 15x and Maven B5 in 18x. The B5's are very good but the Meostars are a noticeable level better. I saw the difference being chromatic aberration between my samples. Absolutely zero with the Meostar.

samolot

FNG
Meopta is coming out with the new MeoStar B1 Plus series later this year with new coatings to increase brightness (allegedly). New armor as well. If you are patient, they should be out in the fall. I had the Meopta 12x50HD in the past - I can speak to its quality - second to none and rivaling the alpha three.

WKR
Are you speaking about the B4's or B5's? The old 4 was very big and clunky but I haven't seen that description on the new 5's.

pc3

WKR
Meopta is coming out with the new MeoStar B1 Plus series later this year with new coatings to increase brightness (allegedly). New armor as well. If you are patient, they should be out in the fall. I had the Meopta 12x50HD in the past - I can speak to its quality - second to none and rivaling the alpha three.

Is there any more information, pics, etc. ?

Ill be in the market for 15's or 18's at some point. I think Meopta should introduce some Meostar 18x56's. I think they would sell a ton.

I have their B1.1 10x42's and gee they are nice glass. If the "plus" version coming is better than the current B1.1's then they will in all probability beat the the current slc 10x42's in performance (read not EL's).

You definitely would be paying the premium for just the cute little "bird" logo then for sure assuming similar pricing. Because for example the current B 1.1's 10x42 HD's dont give up much to SLC 10x42's to my eye and in my case $800-$900 (forget exactly) cheaper.

Umpquabuck

FNG
Classified Approved
New member here, just bought the Meopta 15’s based on some of the info here. Thanks!

I’m debating on selling my Meopta 15x56’s bought new last year to help make spending the $ for a compact spotter a little easier.