Which diaphragm Elk call are you using?

muddydogs

WKR
I just got the pink Phelps call and while it taste like crap it sure blows good. The pink is about the worst tasting call I've had in my mouth only beat out by the RM lime green call.

JT113

FNG
I'm new to elk calling, not new to diaphragms through turkey hunting. Any beginners out there, I've found the phelps grey and pink very easy to use. I trimmed both a little. I'm not going to win any calling contests but I was surprised how quickly I was able to make at least representable bugles and cow calls.

Mavericks for everything. They hold up and I can hit every note and do all the sweet stuff with them.

Tried Phelps green, grey, white, signature pink and the Charlie smith.

Jqualls10

FNG
I used the Rocky Mountain Elk calls last year and really liked them. Will be using them again this year.

Jcros

FNG
I really liked the phelps amp. They sounded good and were easy to use.

the Phelps AMP are my favorite by far. I was a gagger for a LOOOOONG time, wapiti river were the first I could deal with, and still like them, but Phelps are king to me

I've tried several different calls, finally purchased the bro signature "kill pack". I really like the blue one, both cow and bull sounds come much easier than other calls I've tried. I would say keep trying until you find one that works great for you.

Phelps Maverick is probably the most durable call(The reed anyway) made right now. This year I run that, Phelps pink, Amp white, amp black, RM blue w/gold plate, and RM pink estrus.

Bdorsing

FNG
Will be trying out the Phelps AMP orange this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SniperHunter

Lil-Rokslider
For a beginner & only one month left you will have to be very dedicated in feeling confident in using a mouth reed or diaphragm, they are both the same thing! Yes, a single reed will be able to do all the sounds you mentioned & more, it's all in the practice & using the right reed for a newer caller.

Stay with a light tensioned single reed call, there's no need to go with a double or triple reed it will only take you longer to master & you will be limited in quality sounds!

Some of the best to use are Mellow Yellow & All Star reeds, they are lightly stretched latex & are very user friendly, you will learn quickest with this type or anyother lightly stretched single reed!

BigAl!

WKR
Phelps AMP green call seems good in my limited experience. Medium cow calls and medium bull when used with a bugle.

casey58

FNG
The Phelps black is my favorite call, it works well for everything. If I need to turn up the volume I switch to the Maverick.

SniperHunter

Lil-Rokslider
i tried a few and the one i had the easiest time with was the primos mini sonic dome. they come in single, double and triple reed options. pick up the single reed for a few bucks before getting the double and/or triple. once you get used to it, it is great for cow/calf/spike sounds. once i got comfortable with that call, it was easier for me to use other brands as well.