Which is warmer: Sitka Blizzard or Sitka Incinerator

After having a slightly cold late season hunt, I am in the market for a warmer hunting jacket. I have narrowed my search to these two jackets. Does anyone have any experience with the jackets and even better, have tried both of them? Any thoughts on either?

keepriding

Lil-Rokslider
I have all three. Between Incinerator and Blizzard the choice is basically pattern needs,
I have said this before and I'll say it again I prefer the Fanatic because it is the quietest when it gets super cold. When you get to the really cold temps the Blizzard and Incinerator are warmer but get noisy. I may be super sensitive because I hunt whitetails but that's my personal preference.

OP
NevadaZielmeister
I have all three. Between Incinerator and Blizzard the choice is basically pattern needs,
I have said this before and I'll say it again I prefer the Fanatic because it is the quietest when it gets super cold. When you get to the really cold temps the Blizzard and Incinerator are warmer but get noisy. I may be super sensitive because I hunt whitetails but that's my personal preference.

Thank you sir. My needs are more for long sits while glassing during late season hunts and also predator hunting. But thank you for the noise concern, if I was doing anything stand related, then I would look at the Fanatic. My pattern concerns are nothing major, but it is nice to match a little bit. I am thinking that the better sale item will get purchased.

Anyone else?

Kotaman

WKR
I also have all three and agree with the above poster. If noise is not a concern, I like the Blizzard. It’s not loud, but it’s not quiet either. If you want the warmth, but want it quieter with a brushed exterior, the Incinerator is the way to go. In a wet environment, the Blizzard will be better As the Incinerator will wet out if it’s wet.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The incinerator is a hair warmer than the blizzard. It’s heavier by about 5 ounces as well which makes sense for the increased warmth.

Kotaman

WKR
The incinerator is a hair warmer than the blizzard. It’s heavier by about 5 ounces as well which makes sense for the increased warmth.
Guessing the 4 oz weight difference is more due to the brushed fleece exterior vs. .2 difference in fill. You’re really splitting hairs to say one of these is warmer than the other as the fill weights are almost identical. I’ve worn both of these on Polar Bear Hunts near the North Pole as a layer underneath a Canada Goose Expedition Parka. I’ve worn both of these at -20 coyote hunting. I can’t say one is warmer than the other.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Guessing the 4 oz weight difference is more due to the brushed fleece exterior vs. .2 difference in fill. You’re really splitting hairs to say one of these is warmer than the other as the fill weights are almost identical. I’ve worn both of these on Polar Bear Hunts near the North Pole as a layer underneath a Canada Goose Expedition Parka. I’ve worn both of these at -20 coyote hunting. I can’t say one is warmer than the other.

Lol. I literally say it’s “a hair warmer” and you reply with, “splitting hairs to say one is warmer.” Glad we agree.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
They are the same thing when it comes to wormth. I have both and run them in -40 and never think twice about it. It comes down to a fleece fabric on the Incinerator witch makes it quitter but heavier. It just comes down to what you want.

I would go with the incinerator because its on sale on our website.

Fatcamp

WKR
After three days of dealing with cold and a bunch of layers a $400 coat does not sound out of line at all.

OP
NevadaZielmeister
Thank you for the responses everyone. I went with the incinerator jacket and also obtain the bib pants. The arrive shortly and while I cannot compare to the Blizzards, I will try to get back here and comment on the general warmth.