Who is this weasel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Untamed

Lil-Rokslider
Pitchforks and torches gave us our independence.. Boston tea party was executed by a group of radicals. I'm enjoying this banter on this Christmas weekend. Makes me feel good that there are other citizens looking out for our 2A rights! Maybe I've been watched to many episodes of the Netflix series (TURN Washingtons Spies.)

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sitka has cut ties completely with him. FWIW.
Well, Sitka hasn't released a statement of any sort officially. They are hoping this blows over during the Christmas break. I'm thinking they are in for a rude awakening.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

slick

WKR
I could be wrong and I’ll eat my words if so.. but they’re people just like us, spending time with their families, just like us. I’d imagine a statement is coming after Christmas.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I could be wrong and I’ll eat my words if so.. but they’re people just like us, spending time with their families, just like us. I’d imagine a statement is coming after Christmas.
Um,no. This nonsense started last week, they've had PLENTY of time to formulate a response and they haven't. How many people have been off since the middle of last week? Not that many. They've failed from a PR perspective on this magnificently.

slick

WKR
Um,no. This nonsense started last week, they've had PLENTY of time to formulate a response and they haven't. How many people have been off since the middle of last week? Not that many. They've failed from a PR perspective on this magnificently.

Sure- I think they could have formulated something better than they did. But they still have said they support the 2A for those who inquired. Maybe take it upon yourself to ask them, instead of waiting for a formal statement. Maybe you did, I don’t know?

Also- smallish companies usually treat their employees better than the average Joe. Unless you work there, we have no idea if they normally give employees a week off?

Yeah Post is an idiot. Sitka isn’t Post. Sitka has said they support 2A.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sure- I think they could have formulated something better than they did. But they still have said they support the 2A for those who inquired. Maybe take it upon yourself to ask them, instead of waiting for a formal statement. Maybe you did, I don’t know?

Also- smallish companies usually treat their employees better than the average Joe. Unless you work there, we have no idea if they normally give employees a week off?

Yeah Post is an idiot. Sitka isn’t Post. Sitka has said they support 2A.
See, you got more accomplished in thirty seconds than Sitka has in a week. Doesn't matter if they have given their employees a week off, management dropped this one. This coming from a long time Sitka fan. They just haven't handled this well at all.

slick

WKR
See, you got more accomplished in thirty seconds than Sitka has in a week. Doesn't matter if they have given their employees a week off, management dropped this one. This coming from a long time Sitka fan. They just haven't handled this well at all.

Won’t disagree that they could have handled it better, I guess I’m just being patient. But your patient and my patient are different. I think after Christmas we’ll see something..and if not. As the saying goes fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
Merry Christmas all, this has been a entertaining thread for better or worse and to keep it going I am going to approach this a little differently.

Without having any kind of social media or "following" any of these pro instagrammers I had no idea who Charles post was. I saw the video linked in this thread and did a little reading about the guy. First thing that pops out to me is dude is a melodramatic hipster trying to sell himself on any platform he can using the word reverence at least 5 times in all post and gets pretty nauseating. I also couldn't find anything he actually hunted. Either way the guy seems to have a big following of what I imagine liked minded hipsters ready to get with the trends. I imagine sitka saw this hipster hunter market booming and tried to capitalize on one of the most vocal social media wh*** out there and I give them the benefit of the doubt of not knowing just how far this kid will wh*** himself out for the spotlight.

And now to pull the pin... in my reading about this dude I found he was a former vegan while in college and he is now a hunter proclaiming his reverence of wild meat. If he is actually a hunter and helps convert more vegans is this dude a net positive for hunting?

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note for those out there seriously seeing these guys as a threat to the 2nd. It is my opinions that that is giving these guys more credit than they are worth. Have faith in your fellow americans, the silent majority will always see this for what it's worth a couple of hipsters spewing rhetoric out thier ass. Eventually even they will get tired of themselves.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Merry Christmas all, this has been a entertaining thread for better or worse and to keep it going I am going to approach this a little differently.

Without having any kind of social media or "following" any of these pro instagrammers I had no idea who Charles post was. I saw the video linked in this thread and did a little reading about the guy. First thing that pops out to me is dude is a melodramatic hipster trying to sell himself on any platform he can using the word reverence at least 5 times in all post and gets pretty nauseating. I also couldn't find anything he actually hunted. Either way the guy seems to have a big following of what I imagine liked minded hipsters ready to get with the trends. I imagine sitka saw this hipster hunter market booming and tried to capitalize on one of the most vocal social media wh*** out there and I give them the benefit of the doubt of not knowing just how far this kid will wh*** himself out for the spotlight.

And now to pull the pin... in my reading about this dude I found he was a former vegan while in college and he is now a hunter proclaiming his reverence of wild meat. If he is actually a hunter and helps convert more vegans is this dude a net positive for hunting?

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note for those out there seriously seeing these guys as a threat to the 2nd. It is my opinions that that is giving these guys more credit than they are worth. Have faith in your fellow americans, the silent majority will always see this for what it's worth a couple of hipsters spewing rhetoric out thier ass. Eventually even they will get tired of themselves.
That worked out pretty well in BC with the grizzly season didn't it?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Hell, BC’s...it worked out well for WY’s!
At least WY has a sliver of hope of getting their season back...or started. I think BC is done for.

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
Leta focus on one country at a time, and what worked out pretty well? I firmly believe the Wyoming grizzly hunt will happen. The very vocal minority made a big stink, this is America give it some time for the pendulum to swing back towards reason.
That's not to say that we all shouldn't pay attention to current events and vote for our rights at the booth and with our wallets. Everyone is free to do the same thing. Just after watching the video I didnt see it to be some smoking gun, and certainly dont hold sitka responsible for his nonsense. FWIW I dont own any sitka but this wouldn't stop me from buying any and them cutting ties with the guy is enough of a statement for me.

tdhanses

WKR
Did they actually cut ties? I have not seen that from Sitka , just hearsay.

Yeah been wondering where that came from, especially since everyone is off at Sitka for Christmas how did they do it, lol.

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
A note related to the comments “what has he killed”:
The Hunting Collective podcast episode 7 makes mention in the notes of Charles And his first public land archery season ending with the harvest of a nice bull.

I haven’t listened to the podcast yet.......

Status
Not open for further replies.