Who served and when?

robtattoo

WKR
British Army, 1991. Joined at 17 with parental consent & signed up for a 22+2 year stint, but left in '92 (medical discharge, injured in Service) Northern Ireland & Bosnia. I lost an important lump of my right knee to a ricochet & was declared unable to resume.

2012-2016 USCG active. Still reserve. Now they wanna kick me out because I won't get the vaxx. 10 years of service and I'll be worth nothing to them if I don't get the jab. The state of this country is just plain sad..

OP
GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Army National Guard 2013-2019
31B (let the hate commence)
Joined junior year of high school at 17

Not sure if I'm lucky or not to never deployed...
Look at like this, you're still here. Others are not.

hunting1

WKR
I joined the Navy prior to graduation from high school, 1968, I was on the 120 delay program. went to Great Lakes for boot camp, march, class, march, class and march some more. I kept thinking just how much marching will I do one I get on board a ship. I got my dummy orders during week five for the USS New Jersey but when my final orders came out, it read Little Rock, I was thinking, I didn't know the Navy had a base in Little Rock. One of the guys in my division said, keep reading, it's USS Little Rock, you my friend are going to the Med. I arrived in Naples Italy in Mid. Oct. and had to hang out there for a week until the boat return to port in Gaeta . Arrived in Gaeta and went directly to my ship. I was assigned to "A "division and requests a position working as a A/C mech. which to my surprise I got. At the time the Rock was the flagship for the sixth fleet. I spent the next 22 months going from port to port all over the Med. and North Atlantic during that time I took leave twice to return home. On one leave I went with a friend to his family home for a few days. He asked if I wanted to go to a outdoor concert, I said why not. I'm sure a few of you have heard of Woodstock. After I return to the ship we finished out our tour as flagship and return to the states and the ship under went dry dock upgrades. During that time I went down to Norfork and went to ACR school for 12 weeks. I returned to the ship and we made a trip to the Virgin Islands, 6 months. Returned to Boston, then another tour of the Med. Then back to Norfork, That is where I got discharged. I spent my entire time on the Rock, I'm not sure why I never got transfer orders but, I did see lots of guys come and go when the were transferred to new duty station. At one point I got orders to a ship off the coast of Viet Nam but they got cancelled, why I don't know. Looking back on it, it was a very interesting time of my young life. I saw a lot and learned a trade which carried me though my life. To this day I still enjoy going out to sea, I find it very relaxing.
USAF 1991-1999 462 Weapons, thanks to all you who served!

I wanted to say thank you to everyone that served or currently does.

I also think it’s interesting that no one I have on ignore has posted here or in the thread about the Marine from Bondurant.

M-Wig

Lil-Rokslider
I was at Fort Benning for a month in January 2004. Was told on day 2 (or 3) I would be medically discharged for an issue MEPS already knew about. I did learn to make extremely tall soft serve ice cream cones while there so it wasn't all bad. Even got me a job offer at the Nacogdoches Golden Corral back in 2011.

My Iraq Vet cousin still sends me messages on Veterans Day to poke fun.

Thank you to all who served. Good luck this season to all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
USAF 1979-1999 and currently work with the USAF as a civilian 2A6X6 technician on the C-17.