who's hunting suppressed?

Sled

WKR
i'm interested in your setups. considering going that way myself soon with short barrel and short can.

Dirt Wagon

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure about the rest of the states, but i'd check to see if it's legal on public land before you take one out there. Here in Georgia it took awhile before they allowed it on WMA's, even though it was allowed on private property.

I have a silencerco harvester can because I wanted a lighter can for hunting. I currently have all my rifles threaded for the can but my 2 primary rifles that cover most of my hunting are a 243 and 308. The are Remington 700s cut time 20”. Both balance and shoot well with the can and I am shooting 165 gamechangers in the 308 @ 2775

CHSD

WKR
Oh man I hope to in a month! It has been 11 months since I bought my can! I got a lane scorpion king made by a semi local guy by me. I'll hopefully be able to tell you more soon!

Marketer2

FNG
I have 24” tikka CTR with an AACsd762. I love shooting suppressed and done want to hunt any other way. Lol. Just choose a lighter can. No need for full auto rating since it’s a slow rate of fire.

I am looking real hard at the rugged Radiant762....anybody using one? Looking for something for my 300 wm, and 30 06, the fact I can run it on all my semis is a bonus.

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
I use my Omega on a Tikka T3x Lite 6.5 CM cut to 18”. I haven’t measured the actual velocity but I don’t hunt at what is considered long range so there will be more than enough velocity for me.

cgasner1

WKR
Won’t ever hunt without it again I’m debating on chopping my 300 win down to 20” have a lane scorpion king thing is sweet gun sounds like a 10/22 and has 0 recoil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKR
Watched my son smoke a bull elk at 400 yards using an 18" barreled 6.5x47, 140 vld and a Thunderbeast UL7. Pretty nifty. Daughter shot her bull at 380 yards with 18" barreled 30-06, 155 scenar and UL7. They should be available to everyone to use with no tax stamps.

cgasner1

WKR
I’m debating on building or buying something on a tikka platform in a 6.5 with a 18” barrel just for hunting suppressed once you do it there is no going back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhm2023

WKR
Going on 11 months waiting for the stamp for my Rugged micro30. I plan on using it on a 7mm Rem Mag and a 6.5CM for sheep, caribou and bear. Then on a 300 blackout AR pistol for spring bears over bait and predator calling during the winter.

The wait times are ridiculous. I wanted 13 months and some odd number of days. It took me 8 days to get a security clearance.

So I’m late to the suppression movement. For a bolt action hunting rifle in 6.5 or 308 caliber range, how quiet does a high quality suppressor adjust the rifle’s report? Does it remove the “crack” of the report? Is it quiet enough that you do not need hearing protection at the range?
I love the idea of saving my hearing.
Have those of you using a suppressor to hunt with noticed a difference in how game react when a shot is taken? I often hunt with a friend and if game did not scatter after the initial shot, we possibly could have a better opportunity to double up on game.

I have a tbac ultra 7 that I run on a 24 inch 300 win mag for hunting and I have a rimfire can for my 10/22. I have very little interest in shooting without a suppressor now but wish I went 22 or 20 inches on my 300. The win mag sounds like a loud 22lr with the ultra 7. I don’t worry about ear pro in field but wear it at the range. No can will get rid of the supersonic crack. Only way to do that is shoot subsonic rounds. Next on the list are another rimfire can and a rugged obsidian for handguns and 45/70.

ericF

WKR
Ruger American predator in 6.5 Creedmoor. I got the predator when they first came out and 6.5 Creedmoor was just taking off. Also got a 308 predator with an 18" barrel that I eventually sold to my buddy so his daughter could hunt suppressed. We both use Silencerco Harvesters and love them. Threw a Boyd's stock on this one and for less than $500 it is a tack driver and negligible recoil with the built in brake on the suppressor. I have noticed different behavior in herds when there have been shots.

Eric Samsung 057_compress36.jpgEric Samsung 099_compress9.jpg