who's hunting suppressed?

Wapiti1

WKR
Just having it threaded will likely do little to the value. Shortening the barrel will decrease the value. Most of the world wants factory spec, or the "optimum" barrel length for a cartridge. Optimum is whatever they read in a magazine, but suffice to say 22-26" depending on chambering.

Jeremy

fwafwow

WKR
Just having it threaded will likely do little to the value. Shortening the barrel will decrease the value. Most of the world wants factory spec, or the "optimum" barrel length for a cartridge. Optimum is whatever they read in a magazine, but suffice to say 22-26" depending on chambering.

Jeremy
Thanks. I'm guessing best to have it done by Cooper?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have a suppressor and have considered getting my Cooper 30-06 modified. Did you get your Cooper suppressor ready, or have it altered? Really want to do so, but am having second thoughts - just debating whether or to what extent it impacts the look and value of the rifle (although I've never been able to part with any gun after purchase!)
My Cooper came threaded and I just mounted a TBAC CB brake on it that the suppressors mount to.

OP
Sled

Sled

WKR
I don't have a pic of the 7-08 but this is my 20" 243.
Thanks for the pic. I'm curious about the balance when you go lite on the gun and hang nearly a pound off of the muzzle. Are the kimbers (Adirondack) too lite to accomplish a well balanced short barrel with suppressor? I had a Tikka in mind but am rethinking. If my sole purpose is to go lite, quiet and handy...then Kimber or custom could be a better option.

Wapiti1

WKR
Thanks. I'm guessing best to have it done by Cooper?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter who does it, although a reputable gunsmith, or OEM can help. My main point is on barrel length. The shorter it is the harder it will be to sell. No one will bat an eye at a threaded factory length barrel. Those are common enough now. They will walk right by an 18" .300 WSM and probably remark that you killed a good rifle.

Most folks don't have or want suppressors (weird, right?) and don't want to trade velocity for portability.

Jeremy

lak2004

WKR
I don't think it is the lack of wanting a suppressor, but the cost and time it takes.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

jhopkins

FNG
Thanks for the pic. I'm curious about the balance when you go lite on the gun and hang nearly a pound off of the muzzle. Are the kimbers (Adirondack) too lite to accomplish a well balanced short barrel with suppressor? I had a Tikka in mind but am rethinking. If my sole purpose is to go lite, quiet and handy...then Kimber or custom could be a better option.
No issues, it feels fine shooting offhand. I have a Tikka Super Lite full length barrel, 20" CTR and had a 21" light palma and all have been fine shooting offhand. The only issue is when they are slung over the shoulder walking it will try to rotate due to being top heavy, but you can adjust the way you carry or may need a different sling.