Who's Moose Hunting Alaska 2020?

Alright ladies and gentleman... we're getting really close! I thought it would be cool to start a thread for all the guys headed up north this year for moose and bounce things off one another. Not that this will help trying to get through the next couple months without going crazy thinking about the hunt haha. Lets keep the anticipation high!

I've been planning this trip for over 3 years now.

My Father, Uncle and I are headed up there the beginning of Sept.
Our flight leaves Kansas City on the 2nd. We'll stay the night in Anchorage and head to our pilots house on the 3rd. Hoping to get into the bush hours after our arrival..... of course, weather permitting.

50" 4 brow tine unit.

Only 69 days!

Last edited:

hiway_99

FNG
My buddy and I are the pack mules for his kid this year. Im just along for the ride and the experience. I need to start working out since this is a backpack back country hunt. Im no young chicken at almost 40. Only thing I have going for me is Im a roofing contractor. So I've been humping my own material around lately.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

OP
Robinhood21
Nice! That's pretty generous of you! I've been training with my pack as well. Started with about 60 lbs and have worked my way up to 100. I'm expecting 120lb quarters so I still got a ways to go.

hiway_99

FNG
I was happy just to get the invite to go. I put put in just didnt draw a tag. The deal was if I put in and didn't draw that i still had to go. This place takes 4 guys to get one out. Its quite the he'll hole i guess. I will get my turn in a few years to have a tag. Just got put in my time being the muke. Im excited to just tag along. Never hunted in Alaska.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I'll be up there with a buddy toward the end of Sept doing a float hunt. He will be driving up from Washington hauling our gear up with a freezer and then pick me up at the airport. Getting things ready to go... really need to hit the rivers soon, been a couple years since we had the raft out!

mobilefamily

Lil-Rokslider
Drop hunt for two. It's my buddy's turn to shoot so he'll have the moose tag. I'm along to pack and provide bear defense. Will have a black bear tag in my pocket for after we get the moose down. We're going in high, early. T - 60 days. Can't wait.

OP
Robinhood21
I'll be up there with a buddy toward the end of Sept doing a float hunt. He will be driving up from Washington hauling our gear up with a freezer and then pick me up at the airport. Getting things ready to go... really need to hit the rivers soon, been a couple years since we had the raft out!
Sounds like a blast. That one hell of a haul! My cousin moved up there a few years back and it was a 60 hour drive to Glennallen from Kansas. They did it in 5 days. Ouch!

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider
Let me know what your costs end up being, my buddy are I live around KC and have eyed doing a moose hunt.

Is this DIY ?

Sounds like a blast. That one hell of a haul! My cousin moved up there a few years back and it was a 60 hour drive to Glennallen from Kansas. They did it in 5 days. Ouch!

Yep a long haul for sure... this will be my 4th trip... Its a 44hr drive for us. The last time, my wife went and we made it a camping trip/ visited Denali and then put her on a plane home before we started hunting.