Who's Moose Hunting Alaska 2022?!?

ppumil

FNG
I'm also the same, and it is a fun part of every trip for me as well...anticipating the trip, planning, staging my gear, rethinking to keep the weight down, double-checking, etc. I'm always the "go-to guy" on every trip because my family and friends know that I usually have what is needed or have materials to fix it.

Unlike a good friend who said last year that he would bring the coffee for our two-week fly-in moose hunt...only to discover in the field that he forgot to pack it. I was pissed, but held it together as we decaffeinated in the field!!!!
My friend was not quite as bad except for the fact his coffee filter device did not work but we were able to make coffee another way. I tell you the Nu pills with electrolytes and caffeine are great!!!!
On your recommendation I invested in a commode for the next hunt. As i get older the luxuries of life are a bigger deal. HA!
Good luck to you and I will be up next year for sure but may help a friend that drew a winter hunt in Anchorage for moose. Not really sure why I want to experience that but I am willing.

AKDoc

WKR
,,,On your recommendation I invested in a commode for the next hunt. As i get older the luxuries of life are a bigger deal. HA!
Good luck to you and I will be up next year for sure but may help a friend that drew a winter hunt in Anchorage for moose. Not really sure why I want to experience that but I am willing.
Good on you guy...you're going to be soooo glad you brought that! The folding sh*tter is something never forgotten on our trips...and as previously mentioned (I think), out of all the gear we stack on our pallet in the hangar for transport, the only item that has ever walked away was the sh*tter!

Best to you for a great adventure this fall...BTW, winter moose hunting is a different kind of fun, but worth the experience.

Edit: I edited my former Marine Corps terminology.

Last edited:

bmrfish

WKR
Pulling stuff together to mail up in a couple weeks. Here are the daily breakfast-lunch packs.
3f30a5b383c792bcd4913fabfb0362d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mobilefamily

Lil-Rokslider
Camp gear and food box ready to be mailed ahead of us, probably next week.

Fine line between shipping early enough to replace if it gets lost....and pissing the pilot off for having to trip over it for too long.

Attachments

• 2022-07-27_18-44-32_766.jpeg
    2022-07-27_18-44-32_766.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 2022-07-27_18-44-27_948.jpeg
    2022-07-27_18-44-27_948.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 58
You guys are getting me excited for my first moose hunt. Unfortunately I have to wait until 2023. Good luck to everyone this year !!

Not to worry, the next 13 months will go by quickly. I'm sure that other people on this site, myself included, will bring you up to speed on this year's moose hunts.

Fugitive

FNG
Hunting partner and I hunt moose the last week in September, leaving out of St. Mary’s. Prepping and packing has kept us occupied so far, now it’s just a matter of waiting for the departure date!

@AKDoc I love ya man, but your luxury toileting cracks me up every year about this time. 😂
I know you fly in something bigger than a Super Cub and that makes a difference. If I had a fold-a-crapper I'd have to wing-strut it to camp and back out. The thing for me is my gut is occupied with gremlins. They wait until I'm away from camp...glassing high on a hill...chill wind blowing. I'm famous for screamers. No way I can make that sprint in time. Like I tell my friends....humping it in Alaska is just so....Alaskan!

AKDoc

WKR
@AKDoc I love ya man, but your luxury toileting cracks me up every year about this time. 😂
I know you fly in something bigger than a Super Cub and that makes a difference. If I had a fold-a-crapper I'd have to wing-strut it to camp and back out. The thing for me is my gut is occupied with gremlins. They wait until I'm away from camp...glassing high on a hill...chill wind blowing. I'm famous for screamers. No way I can make that sprint in time. Like I tell my friends....humping it in Alaska is just so....Alaskan!
Keep holding out KD...once you use it, there's no turning back! :ROFLMAO:

It has actually fit just fine in a super-cub...and if necessary would look pretty "first-classy" tied to the strut...weighs only 2.0 pounds (not that I'd actually weigh a folding toilet...geez!)...:ROFLMAO:

(laughing is a good thing...thank you KD...best of luck to you for another adventure into solitude)

It has actually fit just fine in a super-cub...and if necessary would look pretty "first-classy" tied to the strut...weighs only 2.0 pounds (not that I'd actually weigh a folding toilet...geez!)...:ROFLMAO:

I'm afraid I'd be looking out the window at my toilet seat somewhere around 30 miles to the nearest airstrip and start getting unfortunate ideas. I'm very suggestible that way. I don't need anything until you dangle it in front of me long enough...😳
😂

:coffee: @VernAK

Who knew you could visit a Lowes and walk out with your very own Tote-a-Pottie kit? :rolleyes:

I'm picturing somebody with a book in one hand and can of Raid in the other. I'm sorry....I just can't help myself.....
😊