Who's Moose Hunting Alaska 2022?!?

What a great thread as Ive started gearing up for my hunt next year. Its a lot of fun already just researching and reading. So much info. Alaska hunting. Gear reviews. Weapon set ups. Cant wait for this September to pass to officially get booked for bush flight.

VernAK

WKR
:coffee: @VernAK

Who knew you could visit a Lowes and walk out with your very own Tote-a-Pottie kit? :rolleyes:

I'm picturing somebody with a book in one hand and can of Raid in the other. I'm sorry....I just can't help myself.....
😊
That pic is actually at my trout camp but we have a similar at Geezer Ridge....minus the Raid. My partner is a union plumber that insists on the best.

Southeast

FNG
30-something days to go for me too - Southern Brooks Range.

There's been a lot of food planning and prep lately. I made up a dozen pudding-in-a-ziplock snacks yesterday. That's always a nice dessert up on the glassing point, where periodic food projects help fight off the boredom that can come with moose hunting.

Tyson

FNG
You guys are going to be there a lot earlier than me, I still have 47 more days! I can’t wait to get to Alaska, hope everybody has a fun hunt!

Yes, moose hunting is awesome, and hoping the freezing rain this winter didn't harm the numbers too much.

I have heard that but thankfully we have still been able to find bulls the last few years! Have you seen a huge decline in the areas that you hunt?

The separate populations in the Alaska Range, Copper River Basin, Wrangell Mountains, Forty Mile, Chugach Mountains, Talkeetna Mountains, and Kenai Peninsula all got hammered last winter. We won't know the extent until we do our aerial composition counts this coming November/December.

Hunting partner and I hunt moose the last week in September, leaving out of St. Mary’s. Prepping and packing has kept us occupied so far, now it’s just a matter of waiting for the departure date!
Awesome. Who’s operating out of St. Mary’s? Must be boat based? Guided?

Fugitive

FNG
Awesome. Who’s operating out of St. Mary’s? Must be boat based? Guided?
Honestly I’m very lucky, one of my really good friends, from way back; completely planned the trip as far as the trip and logistics. His hard work planning allows me the luxury of not paying nearly as much attention as I normally would need to . I know we’re going by boat up the river that flows into the Yukon by St. Mary’s a long ways. I don’t know the guides name or what his operation is called. Planning, getting gear ready, and training has been great and a major stress relief for me.

bmrfish

WKR
7feb06103f2e9b7e0aeceb52659d59e4.jpg

Boxes have been mailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tjdeerslayer37

Lil-Rokslider
My uncle (who runs a halibut charter in the summer) called me up and invited me to hunt with them in 16B before he heads back here to michigan. killing me that i had to decline, used up all my vacation time in colombia this year.

good luck to all!

bmrfish

WKR
What did you mail in those boxes for the hunt?

Only stuff we could get by without and food which we could replace if we had to. Although these days it’s a c&@p shoot whether it is more likely to get lost by the airline or the USPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I’m very lucky, one of my really good friends, from way back; completely planned the trip as far as the trip and logistics. His hard work planning allows me the luxury of not paying nearly as much attention as I normally would need to . I know we’re going by boat up the river that flows into the Yukon by St. Mary’s a long ways. I don’t know the guides name or what his operation is called. Planning, getting gear ready, and training has been great and a major stress relief for me.
Awesome, you'll have a great trip! Best of luck!