Why so many Kifaru packs for sale??

I can see where that might happen. I suspect the issue of the newer style bag slipping of the top of the frame is isolated to shorter frames with larger/taller bags.
I would of preferred some sort of better solution. I think they carry better attached to the frame.
Kifaru is so focused on being modular i think they make performance sacrifices, I say there is no reason to run them anywhere but the top position. If you run them lower you bought to tall of a frame.

Bag is maxed out on tension everywhere but when you put 60# load in the pack and go to toss it on your shoulder the frame pops right out of the bag EVERY single time. I will post pictures when I did it out.

Does she actually need a bag that big?
You could ask them to modify the tension straps. Or taller frame.
If she doesn't need that much volume try a 22mag, they fit perfect on a 22"

aidan_downey

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I would say your biggest issue is trying to run a bag that's 37" tall with the snow collar closed on a 22" frame. That ain't gonna work for an external frame pack. Get an internal frame those things can carry up to 80lbs comfortably which is more than a lot of dudes can do. Then you don't have to worry about that pack and frame coming apart. Not shitty bags/system you just aren't set up for success.

If the bag tension straps are maxed out and the bag is not tight yeah not gonna work well.
Look at the bottom of the frame there should be 2 straps from the bag running down thru the common loops and back up.
Far as k clips coming off randomly idk
View attachment 389409View attachment 389410
I wasn’t thinking about that, but I wonder if that’s the issue.. I just can’t picture that happening, but if the bottom tension straps were not connected or tight, I could see it

ElkPRC

Lil-Rokslider
If I'm trying to do a true DIY elk hunt out west and live out of my pack for 4-5 days is there a Kifaru pack anyone would recommend for me? Or are there better?

aidan_downey

Lil-Rokslider
If I'm trying to do a true DIY elk hunt out west and live out of my pack for 4-5 days is there a Kifaru pack anyone would recommend for me? Or are there better?
I would recommend the 44mag, Hoodlum or Reckoning. Define better? I personally will not own another pack because IMO kifaru is hands down the best for me. Most comfortable bomb proof etc. My buddy loves his exo. Besides the fact his back is completely covered and makes him sweat like a MOFO. Other guys like stone glacier, personally I like how light they are but can not imagine with that small of a lumbar pad that they can haul as heavy a weight as comfortably as a kifaru, but I haven't ever tried one so that is subjective. If anyone tells you a mystery ranch is in the same category as those three, they are either paid by them or have never hauled heavy weight for a long period of time. Get the kifaru and you will most likely never own another pack again.

I would recommend the 44mag, Hoodlum or Reckoning. Define better? I personally will not own another pack because IMO kifaru is hands down the best for me. Most comfortable bomb proof etc. My buddy loves his exo. Besides the fact his back is completely covered and makes him sweat like a MOFO. Other guys like stone glacier, personally I like how light they are but can not imagine with that small of a lumbar pad that they can haul as heavy a weight as comfortably as a kifaru, but I haven't ever tried one so that is subjective. If anyone tells you a mystery ranch is in the same category as those three, they are either paid by them or have never hauled heavy weight for a long period of time. Get the kifaru and you will most likely never own another pack again.

I currently have the Reckoning and Duplex Lite frame in my Kifaru cart. Thinking about pulling the trigger.

Medusa7MM

WKR
I ran an EXO for a few years nice pack and it did what it was supposed to do. I made the mistake of trying my buddy’s Kifaru pack out while on a hunt. I wanted to see the difference if there was any. I put on his Kifaru pack with two rear quarters of the deer we just harvested. The walk back to the truck was little over a mile. The Kifaru pack was extremely comfortable and didn’t move on my back while hiking back to the truck. When we got back home few days later I ordered my first Kifaru pack.