Why the NR HATE?? Let's fix it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness if we don't change our attitudes, opinions and views we will all be hunting less. Why the NR hate? Any NR is welcome to my state, I would not even mind if we increased NR tags. This selfishness will lead to all of us losing hunting opportunities. We have got to get out of our own way and stop shooting ourselves in the foot. My state is 90-10, others are far more giving, I know and I get it. Maybe just maybe we should be pushing for states like Utah, Nevada etc. To move to 80-20 instead of pushing every other state to go to 90-10. Some will laugh at this, but it is possible, the states bring in more money from NR's.

Let's get it rolling, I just need to figure out how. Any ideas, thoughts?

I'm serious, rokslide has enough following and power to get something like this going. What say you @robby denning

I would head it up anyway I can. I'm just not sure where to start.

Last edited:
Sell tags to them then we get to archery hunt during rifle season for the pumpkin clan. Win win more tags sold less non res. Or am I not understanding?

HOT ROD

WKR
I don't understand what we are trying to say here just because NR of a state any state pick one are crying because they cant get a big game license they think they deserve and the state should just give them one... There's only a limited amount of big game animals to hunt so license has to be limited in sum way and NR are going to get the short end of the stick........... The residents of a state should receive less tags because NR pay more money for there tags? The biggest problem here is the entitled attitude of people thinking they are actually entitled to a tag...

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
The biggest problem here is the entitled attitude of people thinking they are actually entitled to a tag...
This is your exact position, not that I don't agree that residents should have more opportunity but at the end of day they feel entitled and everyone else is just whining.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
The important part in my opinion is that we have some huge battles ahead of us against anti-hunting groups. The states will need to get together and help each other out. That's not going to happen if non-residents feel like they don't have a dog in the fight. The division will end hunting eventually.
I agree right now the anti hunting groups are probing the perimeter of hunting rights Ave identifying our weaknesses all the while rallying their troops preparing for the real assult.

The important part in my opinion is that we have some huge battles ahead of us against anti-hunting groups. The states will need to get together and help each other out. That's not going to happen if non-residents feel like they don't have a dog in the fight. The division will end hunting eventually.
Could not agree more. I get so tired of the NR hate. You have no say about our tags and our hunting policies until there is some anti/limiting legislation, then an outcry, please write in to help us fight this!

The resident/non resident fighting is short sighted. Fact is in order to get someone to care about a cause and go out of their way to fight for it, they need to have a vested interest. Whether that’s how it should be or not doesn’t matter, most aren’t going to help fight something on principle. That interest likely won’t be OTC tags, they will be gone soon. If draws keep going from 80/20, to 90/10, to 90/5 outfitter/5 DIY, to you can only hunt these areas and continue to get whittled down to crumbs, states are going to have a hard time getting NR dollars and participation on upcoming battles .

I completely agree residents should have the majority of tags and opportunities, there is a compromise in there, likely the 80/20.

NR of 49 states here so I’m not sure if I’m being whiny, entitled, or even supposed to comment on such important matters.

This is your exact position, not that I don't agree that residents should have more opportunity but at the end of day SOME OF THEM feel entitled and SOME OF THEM ARE whining.

*Fixed it for you.*

I’m tired of the hate against non-res. I’ve never hated on anyone coming into Texas or Arkansas to hunt from out of state. I promise if you look at the actual stats, non-res don’t do anything to harm yall. They pour a ton of money into other states and travel all that way. The chances of a non res actually being successful consistently on a 3-7 day hunt with no opportunity to scout is abysmal.

Every single year it gets harder for nonres hunters to do out of state. Every single year something changes, tag allocations, license/tag increases, travel costs increases, etc.

It’s honestly kind of pathetic that SOME of yall residents get so up in arms and show so much animosity toward any one from out of state.

I’ve seen and heard of it all from vandalism to outright violence toward nonres hunters. It’s absolutely pathetic.

Grow up and act like a mature adults who are actually contributing to society instead of causing division. Absolutely immature and idiotic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ColoradoV

WKR
Fact is residents vote. Nr do not.

If Colo had a more equitable split of licensing and 1-.5% more resident hunters the wolf thing would not have passed… Another fact is maybe, maybe 5% of non resident hunter helped by giving money to the wolf vote… Not many of you stepped up.

From where I sit we need more Colorado residents who vote hunting more as realistically most nr do not contribute to a point where they even move the needle politically.

So I would imagine you nr want to do what’s not only best for hunters but right and support what is needed for effective and equitable continuation of hunting in Colo.

Thats why all nr need to step up and support a very fair and equitable 75/25 split on all licenses. Returned tags, 1-4 choices, and youth license. As all hunters need more Colorado voters hunting yearly and voting than we need that nr $$$. Another fact…

In reality nr hunting is undeniably tied in Colorado - to resident voting.. Or the best thing you nr can do is get more resident hunter who vote in the woods hunting regularly.

Looking forward to the nr support!!

KenLee

WKR
I've seen widespread evidence of non-residents backstabing , spiking lease prices, and basically ignoring all local game laws.
Soooooo "Get off my lawn"!!!

Rich M

WKR
If the NonRes factor wasnt an issue, many State G&F Depts wouldnt be adjusting R/NR tag quotas.

But they are.

If Res were not whining, regulators would not be changing regulations.

That’s how it works. I just resigned from being hunter advocate at a NWR. They change the rules when people piss and moan too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.