Wod

Btaylor

WKR
5 rounds

2 minutes eliptical increasing resistance each round from 11 to 15 maintaining 145 pace
Alternating arm DB cleans with 70# ten reps
Ab exercises changing each round - to failure

Btaylor

WKR
Yesterday did what I call my box workout.

Setup 24" box by pullup station. 75# DB on one side for rows, 2 x 65# on the other side for DB deadlifts and work around the box for 5 rounds.

5 pullups / 5 box jumps
5 rows / 5 box jumps
5 toes to bar / 5 box jumps
5 deadlifts / 5 box jumps

For time.

I usually change up 2 of the movements around the box each time I do this one. Will do burpees, pushups, renegade rows, lunges, etc. The 2 constants are pull ups and toes to bars.

rharbaugh

WKR
Newbie here. Maybe you've touched on this in the past. Do you all wear your hunting/hiking boots during your workouts? I can see the benefit of doing so, just curious on others thoughts.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Newbie here. Maybe you've touched on this in the past. Do you all wear your hunting/hiking boots during your workouts? I can see the benefit of doing so, just curious on others thoughts.

sometimes; don't wear them at the gym obviously- I'll usually wear just trail runners most of the year hiking, as it creeps nearer hunting season I'll start wearing my boots and anytime I'm loading up the pack I'll wear them as well (again that's closer to hunting season before I train with a loaded pack)

Btaylor

WKR
Same for me, if I am doing a weighted pack hike, then I wear my boots. Otherwise, I wear the appropriate shoe for what I am doing, running shoe for running and trainer type shoe for everything else.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
this morning got up early and swapped out my wife's summer tires, for winter ones- that I just put on two weeks ago!

6 miles and 1300' in the snow with Tiny Elvis

this afternoon high volume with deadlifts and overhead press

deadlifts 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 @ 70% of 1RM
overhead press 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 @ 70% of 1RM
chin-ups 16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7

have a gut feeling I'll be sore tomorrow :D

AK75dTb.jpg