Wod

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
late last night for sure :D I know it's psychological as we're really getting up at the same time, but setting my alarm for 3:00 AM is just miserable!

strength train this afternoon

deadlifts 3/3/3+/amrap @70/80/90/70%
overhead press 3/3/3+/amrap @70/80/90/70%
pull-ups 25-25-25
core

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
@sjwfarms - good luck and have fun!

Tough day on the mountain for me; went to a spot I haven't hunted in a couple of years. There was just a little fresh snow as I drove up the road, not a lot, but enough. No other vehicles at the trailhead- another good sign.

Made a long climb to get on the back side of this mountain that has several meadows/grassy spots. Surprisingly never cut an elk track on the way up. It was cold and windy (but less windy on the back side of this mountain), probably 5-10 degrees. I lasted about an hour and a half and had to move. I decided to make a loop out of my hunt, thinking I would certainly cut some fresh tracks somewhere.

11 miles (2400') and never cut a fresh track, not one. While there was a little fresh snow, there was 4-6" of crusted snow underneath it- loud and an energy suck. Got tangled up in a two mile "shortcut" that was almost entirely dog hair lodgepole; kept thinking I have to get out of this soon. I did, but it wasn't soon!

Oh well, can cross this area off the list for this year anyways.

qgpETnz.jpg