Worst song lyric

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Some of his great songs. Cum on the pillow, Linda Lovelace, Don't bite the Dick, Little Suzzie Shallow Throat, and Pick Em, Lick Em, Stick Em. To name a few.

Wvroach

WKR
Think I'll put on some David Allen Coe and watch Blazing Saddles. From a time when people weren't sissies.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Used to like some of his music, not a fan of the rancid stuff but his country was ok. Until I watched these interviews with him.

One very very strange individual.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Used to like some of his music, not a fan of the rancid stuff but his country was ok. Until I watched these interviews with him.

No doubt, he marches to a different drummer.

TheGDog

WKR
Think I'll put on some David Allen Coe and watch Blazing Saddles. From a time when people weren't sissies.

I freakin' love that scene in Blazing Saddles where the Black Sheriff takes himself at gun point! The writing and screenplay is genius in that scene!

Rednecker from Hardy never ceases to amaze me

I got a car parked in my front yard
With a floorboard full of slim jims
I piss where I want to
And I fish where I swim
Yeah, I bet you ain't got it on a tailgate
Or killed a copperhead a time or two
And man, if you're thinking you're a better beer drinker
Buddy, I've got news for you

My town's smaller than your town
And I got a bigger buck and bass on my wall
I got a little more kick in my drawl
Y'all I got little more spit in my chaw
And my truck's louder than your truck
And my Tick Hound's a little more blue
You might think that you're redneck
But I'm rednecker than you
I'm rednecker than you, woo!
This is why I no longer listen to mainstream country. I miss the days of Randy Travis, Dwight Yoakum, Lyle Lovett, George Strait and others of that ilk who would be called neotraditionalists. I guess.

This is the exact problem with what I call modern country. Many many of the songs take on this whole “country-er than thou“ vibe. Maybe it’s ironic? And if so pretty goddamn disrespectful to real good old boys. And if not WTF!!

My vote for worst lyric goes to “Nana Nana Nana hey hey goodbye”. This was a billboard number one hit in 1969. OTOH I wish I had written it. Local rumor has it that the guy who did write it lives in a big estate near Tahoe, up in the pine trees With a pool and tennis court.

Last edited:
This is why I no longer listen to mainstream country. I miss the days of Randy Travis, Dwight Yoakum, Lyle Lovett, George Strait and others of that ilk who would be called neotraditionalists. I guess.

This is the exact problem with what I call modern country. Many many of the songs take on this whole “country-er than thou“ vibe. Maybe it’s ironic? And if so pretty goddamn disrespectful to real good old boys. And if not WTF!!

My vote for worst lyric goes to “Nana Nana Nana hey hey goodbye”. This was a billboard number one hit in 1969. OTOH I wish I had written it. Local rumor has it that the guy who did write it lives in a big estate near Tahoe, up in the pine trees With a pool and tennis court.

Bro country is really irritating. Every song is: “Cold beer, dirt road, pickup truck, blue eyes, tan legs in the moonlight” and so on and so forth.

sneaky

"DADDY"

I have a friend whose son is a very successful songwriter in Nashville. He says he doesn't care if he ever works with Rodney Atkins again. Said he's the weirdest dude he's ever met lol. And he won songwriter of the year for writing for him.

sneaky

"DADDY"
There's quite a few of those guys who are a little "off". But, hey, at least they aren't cutting their ears off like painters!

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
From Nirvana, the most overrated band of all time...

Hello, hello, hello, how low
Hello, hello, hello
With the lights out, it's less dangerous
Here we are now, entertain us
I feel stupid and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us
A mulatto, an albino, a mosquito, my libido
A denial, a denial, a denial, a denial, a denial
A denial, a denial, a denial, a denial
That song was the my first thought when I read the thread title.

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
Dang, how did I miss this thread? I can’t stand the Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, GA/FL, “I’m a rough farmer country boy” crap. I quit listening to modern country a few years back. However, Aldean has a great line in The Truth. “Truth is that I’m asking you to lie and we both know that it ain’t right. But if you ever loved me please, have some mercy on me”.

Faith Hill, “If I could grant you one wish, I’d wish you could see the way you kiss”. Dumb. Just dumb.

I’m a big fan of Alan Jackson. He’s an incredible songwriter. He wrote the music and lyrics for the entire Good Time album. He had four or five #1’s off of it. In one song he says, “Over you just sounds like some lost city people tell me how to find but somehow I just never do” That’s probably my favorite line in a country song. For you guys that don’t listen to country anymore, don’t give up on AJ. He’s still putting out good music that I don’t believe is getting played on the radio. I asked a buddy that still listens to current country if AJ was getting any airtime and he said not that he knows.

I have two lines from other artists that crack me up every time. Eminem says, “Hey, it’s me Versace. Oops, Somebody shot me. And I was just checking the mail. Get it, checking the male?” And Kid Rock, “I don’t like small cars or real big women but somehow I always find myself in em”.

Anyway, great thread!

Can’t believe I’m responding in this thread…but…..I was walking down the street last Thursday morning about 10 o’clock….passing a row of drinking establishments….and one place had the doors open with heavy music and screaming/singing blasting out of some speakers…..the only lyric I heard as I walked by was….

”I’ve had better sex while I was in jail”

WCB

WKR
Hands down the worst song in the history of songs, EVER

Ray Wylie Hubbard

“SNAKE FARM”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hahahah my wife (gf at the time) dad and I were Snow Goose hunting like 7 years ago and that song came on 2x on some local station in the Dakotas. It will get stuck in your head like nothing else. I sing it all the time and taught it to my soon to be 3 yr old just in spite of my wife.

"it just sounds nasty....Snake Farm it pretty much is..."

OP
Vaultman

Vaultman

WKR
Seven Nation Army is stuck in my head still after watching UFC London last weekend...
"Ohhhhhh Paddy the Baddy, Ohhhhhh..."
It was killing me. I almost got it out and then watched (unfortunately) Gonzaga lose last night and the band played it. I don't know if it will ever leave.

RMM

WKR
Not sure if its been posted yet or not "Sittin here, waitin on a deer, drinkin beer, and wastin bullets" - Luke Bryan

This gem comes from someone who claims to be a "hunter" too