Worst song lyric

Poser

WKR
I would float in a pool of Nickelback before I crapped in a bowl of Creed. I absolutely hate Creed. Like get up and walk out of an establishment if their noise comes on hate.

That said, "EEEYYYYEEESSS WIDE OOOOOPEEENNNN" gets my vote for worst song lyric ever. Of all time. And before.

Creed has no soul. No substance. Nothing. Just fingers nails on a chalkboard. And that is their better stuff!

Creede and Nickleback were cut from the same cloth. The grunge bands broke out big time -all from the same area, brewing underground and then BOOM: Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice n Chains, & Soundgarden exploded on the world. Mudhoney and The Melvins got a raw deal, unfortunately.

Corporate executives: “we have to capitalize on this grunge sound, but the wellspring has been turned off.” Enter Nickleback and Creed:
2nd wave, corporate attempt at a grunge rebrand for basic-ass frat boys, many of whom are likely in positions of authority and power in 2021. The upside? At least rock n roll was relevant in pop culture. It’s kind of amazing when you look back at the mid to late 90s just how popular aggressive music was and how influential rock music was on pop culture. In the year 2021, rock n roll is old man music.

Poser

WKR
Outstanding. I laughed so hard I puked.

The gym plays music videos on the same 50 song loop. How did Loggins convince anyone he had a song by just saying "Highway to the danger zone" dozens of times?

And the song is used in the corresponding movie five (count them: 1-2-3-4-5) different times

On a timeline, it’s difficult to wrap your head around the fact that the films Top Gun and Platoon were both released the same year within a few months of one another and Top Gun grossed twice as much money.

sndmn11

WKR
And the song is used in the corresponding movie five (count them: 1-2-3-4-5) different times

On a timeline, it’s difficult to wrap your head around the fact that the films Top Gun and Platoon were both released the same year within a few months of one another and Top Gun grossed twice as much money.
It's a 20 second song followed by three minutes of reminding us dumbasses on the stair climber thingy that just like 10 seconds ago we are still on the highway to the danger zone.

np307

Lil-Rokslider
A couple bad lyrics from a band with normally great writing, Turnpike Troubadours:

"The situation went the way the situation went" (although I dont think Evan Felker wrote that one)

And "first I'd been glad to hear the flashing red and blue" which is particularly noticeable because the rest of the song is so good.

SWOHTR

WKR
A couple bad lyrics from a band with normally great writing, Turnpike Troubadours:

"The situation went the way the situation went" (although I dont think Evan Felker wrote that one)

And "first I'd been glad to hear the flashing red and blue" which is particularly noticeable because the rest of the song is so good.
I think I get what you're saying here, but - it's hard to compare anything from TT to something like...GOAT, in this thread.

I would say that TT's "worst lyric" is at worst, a "B" on the grading scale. They are one of the few bands I can put on and never skip a song, because they are all, simply, good.

np307

Lil-Rokslider
I think I get what you're saying here, but - it's hard to compare anything from TT to something like...GOAT, in this thread.

I would say that TT's "worst lyric" is at worst, a "B" on the grading scale. They are one of the few bands I can put on and never skip a song, because they are all, simply, good.
I 100% agree, I just figured I'd attack the problem from a different angle.

Azone

WKR

Turnpike Troubadours are awesome.

H2PVon

Lil-Rokslider
Big Black Sabbath (and Ozzy fan) but I do laugh every time War Pigs comes on and I reallize they rhymed "masses" with "masses"

Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses

OP
Vaultman

Vaultman

WKR
my wife listens to this band i hate more than anything. here is the worst lyric in the history of the universe:

I want a thousand hugs
from 10,000 lightening bugs

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
be nice to the bugs.... they are teaching him to dance.

Reactions: WCB
I'll either break her face
Or take down her legs
Get my ways at will
Go for the throat, never let loose
Goin' in for the kill
Take my fist, break down walls
I'm on top tonight

Live Wire - Motley Crue