WV/Western VA Rokslide Beer Night

Wvroach

WKR
Peacemaker is the only one I'm aware of that is "public" They have a few ranges you should give them a call. Been awhile since I've been there they have a member program and a open to public pay by day thing last I went.

Edit to add 340 defense has a 300 yard range if that'll suffice to start with. My local range goes to 125 and most of the others around are limited to about that distance as well.

fatlander

WKR

The helgripede is killer, my buddy caught a 20 incher on our last trip on the helgripede.

I met the guy that owns river rock while on the river in college. He was float fishing and stopped to talk to me while I was working a riffle I’d waded to.

He saw I was fishing a small tube and then proceeded to give me a couple packs of helgripedes, offset worm hooks, and bullet weights. He told me to Texas rig them and let the bait drift down the current. He watched me catch about 10 smallies, one cast after another, smiling ear to ear. As he shoved off, I asked him where to get the baits. He told me he owned the company, then told me where to buy them locally.

He’s got a customer in me for life. Past few years he’s outsold every other soft plastic, including Gary Yamamoto, at Green Top Sporting Goods (one of Virginia’s largest real outdoor stores). Proof is in the pudding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go north 81 up to Peacemakers.
Fellas, I just drew a WY commissioners tag! I don’t have my gear out of storage yet, but I’ll have it by the end of the month. I need a shooting range that steps out to 1k so I can get back into practice. Any suggestions within an hour of Winchester?

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
The helgripede is killer, my buddy caught a 20 incher on our last trip on the helgripede.

I met the guy that owns river rock while on the river in college. He was float fishing and stopped to talk to me while I was working a riffle I’d waded to.

He saw I was fishing a small tube and then proceeded to give me a couple packs of helgripedes, offset worm hooks, and bullet weights. He told me to Texas rig them and let the bait drift down the current. He watched me catch about 10 smallies, one cast after another, smiling ear to ear. As he shoved off, I asked him where to get the baits. He told me he owned the company, then told me where to buy them locally.

He’s got a customer in me for life. Past few years he’s outsold every other soft plastic, including Gary Yamamoto, at Green Top Sporting Goods (one of Virginia’s largest real outdoor stores). Proof is in the pudding.

I’ll try that, that you!

Peacemaker, that’s the name I remember from the Rally a couple of months back. I’ll definitely give them a try. Thank you! My son drew and antelope tag also, so we both need some work.
I've shot there a few times, but definitely call ahead because they have oddball hours

scott85

Lil-Rokslider

That’s an awesome story. I love the helgrepedes. I got my first pack at GreenTop ( only 40 minutes away) and the rest I got of his website. Any time I hit the river it’s all I use.