Wyoming Elk 2014

2rocky

WKR
So another Elk Season is coming up, and our Clan is preparing horses and gear for another trek into the Wyoming backcountry in search of elk. This year promises to be different though as we have relocated our base of operations a days ride from country I have had luck in the last two elk seasons (2011,2012).

This move is prompted by our on the ground resident companions who will be providing the pack horses and trailhead launching point. I have some trepidation going into NEW country but we found the elk the last time we entered a new area, and I'm confident we will give it our best.

Since the last two times I have killed an elk on the opening morning, and second morning; I've also been told by my father and uncle, that they will give me my shells when I finish packing out their elk.

Opening day is October 1st, and we hit the trail on Sept. 29th, and the road September 27th. Anticipation is high....

danarnold

WKR
We were drawn in 12 and 13 for Wy and was real disappointed when we weren't for 14, I hope to get drawn for 15 with my preference point!
Good Luck!

Oh yeah, Montana was good to me tho!