Wyoming Sheep Draw

Also for the life of me I can't understand how they can get away with not finalizing the tag allocations before you are forced to apply?

Tell me about it. Their plan is to get out ahead of other state deadlines to put money in their pockets and deposits into outfitters hands. Forcing our hands -
While they are still sitting there for months to figure out 1+1= whatever they want it to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remfire

FNG
Hunting being profitable for the state is a good thing but like all things to much $$ and they're going to lose interest and applications. It's a fine balance, Colorado is all sorts of messed up and money hungry. Dang Shame

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
What is really funny is how many NRs will spend about $115 to apply for that one NR random sheep tag.

And some idiots will also buy a $150 preference point that is literally worthless.

Same thing for moose. Although there will be two NR random moose tags.

OP
mproberts

mproberts

WKR
Be thankful there is one random…
Not much to be thankful for considering there were 6 random tags last year..
States simply don’t give a damn about non residents any more. They’ll take our federal tax $$ though.
It's borderline criminal how that draw is run. 316 people applied in the random draw last year in hunt areas that literally didn't have a tag allocated for it. Like I get buyer beware, but it's just an incredibly sleazy way to conduct business. At least other states try to be honest with buyers by setting tag allocations and not allowing you to select areas with zero tags, I know Colorado is this way for sheep.

Wonder how many applicants there are who would only draw through the NR 1 random tag? I'm guessing in the tens of thousands. Probably similar odds to the WY supertag raffle where ticket sales are unlimited.......that's why the only raffles I think are relatively worthwhile anymore are the ones where there are only 400 or 500 tickets sold. At least you know your odds and you are just paying $200 or whatever for a ticket. Then when you start to think about throwing money at raffles for a few years, you would already be on your way to paying for a dall hunt......pretty sad commentary

Reactions: OMB
OP
mproberts

mproberts

WKR
Wonder how many applicants there are who would only draw through the NR 1 random tag? I'm guessing in the tens of thousands. Probably similar odds to the WY supertag raffle where ticket sales are unlimited.......that's why the only raffles I think are relatively worthwhile anymore are the ones where there are only 400 or 500 tickets sold. At least you know your odds and you are just paying $200 or whatever for a ticket. Then when you start to think about throwing money at raffles for a few years, you would already be on your way to paying for a dall hunt......pretty sad commentary
There were 2880 NR applications last year in hunt areas with random draw tags available, so I would assume close to that number this year will all be in on that one tag. I won't be one of them though.

Completely agree with your commentary on unlimited ticket raffles. I stopped applying for those years ago when I noticed a few of the winners were professional sports athletes and rich businessman types... they figured out it was cheaper to stuff the raffle box than bid at the auctions.

Every year I kick myself for not ponying up the money 10-15 years ago for a Dall hunt. I think I'm like most of us, who just would like to experience a sheep hunt once in our lifetime, not picky on where or what type of sheep. Oh well.. such is life.

I was looking at this last night. Seems everything is refundable if & when you do NOT draw, but you lose the CC fees, and some other fees? So the CC company & WY state make money no matter what??

am I reading this correcting ?

I was looking at this last night. Seems everything is refundable if & when you do NOT draw, but you lose the CC fees, and some other fees? So the CC company & WY state make money no matter what??

am I reading this correcting ?
Same things goes on when banks hold a large deposit for 5/10 days. They just want to add your funds to their money market accounts. Wyoming is doing the same thing with these deposits, I guarantee you. Otherwise the deadline would only be a day or two before the draw and refund.

Said more concisely: It's an interest-free loan.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
On the bright side, the deadline used to be a couple months ago.

I do find it extra $hitty that they FORCE you to use the credit card and this paying the fee for THEIR convenience…but all government is corrupt and it will all come down to how much we will take.

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
But look at New Mexico and their lack of credit card fees. Why does WY charge credit card fees but NM does not have to charge you those fees?

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
But look at New Mexico and their lack of credit card fees. Why does WY charge credit card fees but NM does not have to charge you those fees?
Because they can. In case you haven’t realized this yet, they are doing what is best for them, not for you. Standard government procedure…