You Ready?

Short on cache

Lil-Rokslider
Im all packed with the exception of just a few food items and ready to hit the hills!!! Who else is having a problem keeping their mind on anything?

oct71

Lil-Rokslider
Exactly how I'm feeling. Season starts the 15th in Wyoming for my sheep area. It can't get here soon enough.

deadwolf

WKR
42.7 lbs and ready to go, 5 more days
36fb560e3666e3bc78b9e2fde957a759.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Getting ready still gotta put my food together

Mostly ready. Add food, sharpen the broadheads and charge the electronics.

Oops, just noticed this is in sheep forum. I am ready but don't have a sheep tag.

Last edited:

carlc

Lil-Rokslider
Flying up Thursday. Gear has been packed since Friday. Can't wait.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Mostly ready. Add food, sharpen the broadheads and charge the electronics.

Oops, just noticed this is in sheep forum. I am ready but don't have a sheep tag.

I missed that too lol. My hunt is for Elk.

AKMAN

Lil-Rokslider
Finishing touches on the food, but almost everything is set.
Once the GF's new pack arrives, we'll be set..... #procrastinators

OP
S

Short on cache

Lil-Rokslider
Man that's cutting it serious close AKMAN! hahaha Hope her pack fits her good.

AKMAN

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, she's been himming and hawing for a while. She has other packs but nothing with a load shelf... (there's confidence in that statement :))
She ended up with a KUIU; it's in my office right meow. Anxious to she how it fits her.
She's 5'1'' so almost no technically capable products fit her. (clothes, boots (wms sz 5), guns, gear, everything...)
I'll likely put up some pics and a short review by her in the gear section for other small women looking for a med/large volume mountain hunting pack.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, she's been himming and hawing for a while. She has other packs but nothing with a load shelf... (there's confidence in that statement :))
She ended up with a KUIU; it's in my office right meow. Anxious to she how it fits her.
She's 5'1'' so almost no technically capable products fit her. (clothes, boots (wms sz 5), guns, gear, everything...)
I'll likely put up some pics and a short review by her in the gear section for other small women looking for a med/large volume mountain hunting pack.

Look forward to her review AKMAN. I am a little taller (5'3 and women's size 6 boots) but I can certainly commiserate. I haven't hunted with the KUIU pack, but have run it on a number of summer backpack/packraft trips and been pleased with it overall.

Best of luck and look forward to the trip and gear reports!

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are sitting the sheep opener out this year, but fly to Kodiak to chase blacktail deer August 12. Best of luck to everyone hunting the mountains, and look forward the stories when everyone returns.

Looking like a wet, wet season opener for a lot of places in Alaska. Rivers and creeks will be high for some guys.

I'm going to give it a try though. No airplane in the plans for me this year, which should help with the getting weathered in/out.

This will be the first year in about 15 years, that I won't be spending time chasing sheep around. I have to say its a little depressing, and I am jealous of all you fellow sheep hunters that will be hitting the mountains in the next week.

I will be hunting, albeit it for different species, but not getting my sheep fix is gonna suck. I wish you all good luck, hope you have some good weather, and find those old rams!!!

Looking forward to my first sheep hunt this fall, best of luck to everyone no matter what you are hunting.

Maverick940

Banned
It all starts tomorrow. Time to rock-n-roll. The current weather-trend is kind of bothersome, though. I imagine that for the next 3-4 weeks, the inside of my tent is going to look like a Chinese laundry.