Your states tax rate

BuzzH

WKR
My issue with the Dems is they make success a bad word…. they use the same strategy the Germans used against the Jews in the 1930s. They create a bad guy, the rich and then use that to get reelected. Nevermind it divides the country…and vilifies successful folks perpetuating the American dream.
Hypocrite much?

The R's don't do the EXACT same thing?

THAT is the problem, everyone blames their woes on someone else, and both the political parties create a "bad guy".

Politics is a total team sport...fans, mascots, team colors...and no matter how much bad stuff your side does, its all excused.

Nobody holds their "team" accountable.

Moserkr

WKR
Often forgotten is all the tax laws that benefited all the folks that got rich by working hard, benefited a bunch of corrupt politicians who are only rich because of their “public service”. @Beendare you are exactly right that politicians use certain people as scapegoats to further an agenda and avoid real issues which in most cases can easily be solved. Whats that horrible saying, “Im from the government and im here to help”?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
THAT is the problem, everyone blames their woes on someone else, and both the political parties create a "bad guy".
There are a ton of "bad guys" out there at this point, and the list of who and why would be long, and would date back quite a long time ago. There should be two simple concepts for government leaders......stick to the Constitution, and ALWAYS do what's best for the nation as a whole. That bolded part is extremely important and essential. Those are the only two things that matter in governing our nation........yet those are the first two things that the left always throws out, and sometimes the right throws out. Nobodies perfect......but that's why we have three branches of government, 100 senators, and 435 U.S. representatives........to keep ALL accountable to the two things I just mentioned.

We've drifted so far away from both over the decades, that they don't even bother trying to fulfill either anymore. It's all about power now, and what's in it for me. That's what ruins nations and societies, and we're watching it all while we are circling the drain right before our very eyes.

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
Hypocrite much?

The R's don't do the EXACT same thing?

Politics is a total team sport...fans, mascots, team colors...and no matter how much bad stuff your side does, its all excused.

Nobody holds their "team" accountable.
You cherry picked my post #60…. You left out the part where I referred to all politicians.

The Democrats currently have a war against;
Energy companies
White people
Corporations
”The Rich”

Feel free to prove me wrong

A much better idea is lowering tax rates, as Trump did. Its makes companies earn more and give more back to their employees or consumers, and allows them to grow. Bigger companies means more tax revenue without raising taxes. Amazingly simple.

I'm all for lower taxes, but betting on companies to "give" more back to employees or consumers is a major stretch. Companies, and humans, give what they need to give to meet their ends. Yes there are countless examples to the contrary but as a percentage of the whole it's small. "Big" companies prioritize shareholders needs way before they give to employees in excess of what is needed for the company's success.

BuzzH

WKR
The Democrats currently have a war against;
Energy companies
White people
Corporations
”The Rich”

Feel free to prove me wrong
Republicans currently have a war against:

Minorites
"the poor"
Unions
Middle class

Feel free to prove me wrong.

Minorites
"the poor"
Unions
Middle class

Biggest assualt of the majority of middle class in last 40 years was obama care.

you destroyed benefits for 340million people to subzide 4-7million

what legislation have the republican used to wage war on Minories? Poor and Middle class?

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR

Minorites
"the poor"
Unions
Middle class

You cannot answer the question so you deflect.

I will address your question, its easy. Your comments is plain wrong. The poor and middle class had a better quality of living under the last admin due to;
lower taxes
lower energy and fuel prices
lower inflation

But it would take some intellectual honesty on your part to admit that, eh?

bsnedeker

WKR

Minorites
"the poor"
Unions
Middle class

Let me just lay out a ridiculous accusation and then you can prove me wrong:

BuzzH currently has a war against

Understanding US History
Engaging in intelligent conversation
Refraining from ad-hominin attacks

Prove me wrong!

The last time there was great Republican leadership in this country was under Eisenhower. The corporate tax rate and tax on the highest income earners was substantially higher than it is today. The rates listed by the OP are complete hogwash.

Everyone in the middle gets squeezed from both ends. The right likes to blame it on the poor and the left likes to blame it on the multi billionaires not paying their share. I tend to disagree with the right more so than I agree with the left, but there is no doubt in my mind there would be fewer poor people if the system were more fair and was not completely rigged in favor of the ultra wealthy.

Yoder

WKR
Our country always gets trashed for not having "free" healthcare when European countries all have it. Maybe it's because we police the entire planet. The military budgets for those countries are a joke. They all know we will pick up the slack if anything happens. Imagine how much money was wasted on Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. We could have paved all the highways in gold.

Rich M

WKR
Love Buzz coming in and shaking up the place. He likes to do that. Never woulda took him for a Democrat tho. Republicans don't hurt the minorities, they give em a chance to get a job.

The whole Obamacare crap is just wealth redistribution - I have to pay $6K for my policy and $4K for deductible, so it is $10K before I get any coverage. Slackers get it for free. Wealth redistribution 101.

I'm in FL and all you guys who don't run to WY are headed my way- gonna break off the rest of the continent. Just keep it a Republican state and we'll be fine. Vote in some trashy Democrat and you'll screw the pooch.

BuzzH

WKR
You cannot answer the question so you deflect.

I will address your question, its easy. Your comments is plain wrong. The poor and middle class had a better quality of living under the last admin due to;
lower taxes
lower energy and fuel prices
lower inflation

But it would take some intellectual honesty on your part to admit that, eh?
What a joke of a tax bill...

Income Tax Rates​

The law retained the old structure of seven individual income tax brackets, but in most cases, it lowered the rates. The top rate fell from 39.6% to 37%, while the 33% bracket dropped to 32%, the 28% bracket to 24%, the 25% bracket to 22%, and the 15% bracket to 12%.10 The lowest bracket remained at 10%, and the 35% bracket was also unchanged. The income bands that the new rates applied to are lower, compared to 2018 brackets under current law, for the five highest brackets.

Intellectually honest?

Huh, lower corporate tax rate from 35% to 21% make that permanent.

Throw the peasants a bone, temporarily, and give those filthy SOB's a 0%-3% break..as if that means jack chit. Well, unless you're in the lowest income bracket, or the 35% then you can pound sand.

Fuel prices are not controlled by the administration and the only way to "manipulate" the price would be to release the strategic reserve.

It doesn't take much intellectual honesty to realize that low fuel prices under the ex presidents administration had everything to do with less fuel being consumed (less flying, people laid off from their jobs, teleworking, etc.) You know, simple supply and demand.

As to energy costs, funny you should mention that. Ever looked at the line items in your energy bill? What they report, and what they don't?

I see a line item on all my bills that show "low income funding fee"...have to make sure we point out on your energy bill how much we pay those filthy low income SOB's again.

You know what line item I don't see? The line that shows the amount of my power bill that pays executive salaries of the CEO, CFO, and the dividends paid to share holders.

Even more strange, what line item in that bill do those items come from?

I don't believe I'll listen to you lecture anyone about intellectual honesty today.

Last edited:

BuzzH

WKR
Love Buzz coming in and shaking up the place. He likes to do that. Never woulda took him for a Democrat tho. Republicans don't hurt the minorities, they give em a chance to get a job.

The whole Obamacare crap is just wealth redistribution - I have to pay $6K for my policy and $4K for deductible, so it is $10K before I get any coverage. Slackers get it for free. Wealth redistribution 101.

I'm in FL and all you guys who don't run to WY are headed my way- gonna break off the rest of the continent. Just keep it a Republican state and we'll be fine. Vote in some trashy Democrat and you'll screw the pooch.
Registered Republican...just because I'm willing to point out the hypocrites and the lying liars of my team doesn't make anyone a democrat.

Perhaps intellectually honest is the correct word you're looking for.

BuzzH

WKR
The last time there was great Republican leadership in this country was under Eisenhower. The corporate tax rate and tax on the highest income earners was substantially higher than it is today. The rates listed by the OP are complete hogwash.

Everyone in the middle gets squeezed from both ends. The right likes to blame it on the poor and the left likes to blame it on the multi billionaires not paying their share. I tend to disagree with the right more so than I agree with the left, but there is no doubt in my mind there would be fewer poor people if the system were more fair and was not completely rigged in favor of the ultra wealthy.
Worth reading twice, that's intellectually honest.

Rich M

WKR
Registered Republican...just because I'm willing to point out the hypocrites and the lying liars of my team doesn't make anyone a democrat.

Perhaps intellectually honest is the correct word you're looking for.

Then my instinct is correct - not a Democrat. You are blunt and beautiful.

I think we need a fair tax - everyone pays the same. It'd be real easy to balance, wouldn't need the IRS. Say 10% feds, 10% state, 5% sales tax. %25% in taxes should be plenty.

About 50% of people don't pay into taxes and many of those get $ back. That's bullshit.

BuzzH

WKR
Then my instinct is correct - not a Democrat. You are blunt and beautiful.

I think we need a fair tax - everyone pays the same. It'd be real easy to balance, wouldn't need the IRS. Say 10% feds, 10% state, 5% sales tax. %25% in taxes should be plenty.

About 50% of people don't pay into taxes and many of those get $ back. That's bullshit.
I can agree with that...everyone should pay their fair share, including corporations.