Zamberlan

Jbxl20

WKR
I like the boa system overall. Sometimes I wish I could get the toes a little tighter.
The biggest difference between my lynx and my other boots. ( most recently Solomon quests 4dgtx) is after hiking with with weight my heels would hurt. I hiked 3.5 miles with 70+ lbs in the zamberlans yesterday with no issues. 35-40lbs in the Solomons and my heels would hurt.

Im on my 3rd pair of insoles and debating on just putting the originals back in. They are comfortable but i just keep thinking I need an upgraded insole. After trying super feet green and oboz, I have a pair of redwing insoles in now that feel great but not sure if I really need them compared to the original zamberlan insoles.
I tried super feet in crispi boots and was not really happy with them. I got SOLE insoles and they are better in the crispi boots. My son has kenetreks and I think he is going to try lanthrop insoles. But I am still running original zam insoles. They are not bad to me at least.

Trial153

WKR
One of the reasons I like my zamberlan is that I feel like the stock insoles are usable.
My oldest pair need a new pair of insoles but I got like 4 years out of them so I can’t complain.

we have 3 pair in the household, and i'm ordering another pair today... their reputation combined with their goretex warranty is hard to beat. so far so good here. i didn't love the stock insole, the arches were a little to high for my flat feet, but some superfeet coppers made them fit great.... they have a good size chart and description of all of their boots and lasts, which is huge to me without being able to try them on.... their size chart got me dialed in quick.... that's my beef with crispi, different fitting boots with no description of fit.... now i wouldn't order anything from them besides one boot model.

can't talk too much on longevity, i have probably 70 miles on mine so far, but i expect them to hold up, quality built boots. if they don't leak and hold up 2 seasons, they will be the best boots i've owned.... if they do, i won't buy any other boots.

How is the durability? Any issues? Any use with gaiters? Worried about hook and boa

Did about 100 miles last season, no problems with comfort or durability. Was in some pretty nasty vertical terrain and they did great.

Didn't use with gaiters, but I will this year after a morning walk through wet brush turned into wet feet all day.

Ghayes15

FNG
Did about 100 miles last season, no problems with comfort or durability. Was in some pretty nasty vertical terrain and they did great.

Didn't use with gaiters, but I will this year after a morning walk through wet brush turned into wet feet all day.
Do you think gaiters will compromise the boa system? I tried some on and loved them just was t sure on boa. Would you buy again?

I don’t think so, it’s a pretty strong little wire.

That said, boa will send you a repair kit on warranty so I went ahead and got one to throw in my pack. Just in case. It’s a really robust system, but not as easy to fix without parts.

I really like being able to adjust tightness on the go.

fjmcguigan

Lil-Rokslider
I was pretty much set on going with the Hanwag Makra Trek and bringing the Crispi Colorado as a stiffer backup boot with more ankle support. I tried the new Zamberlan 700 Sierra GTX recently and have been really impressed with them. I cant speak to the long term durability yet, but they are very comfortable and the build quality seems to be there. These feel like a slightly more flexible Colorado with a little more room in the toe box. At $270 retail, they are $40-$80 cheaper than those boots I mentioned as well.

I will say that I wear a 9.5 in just about every boot and shoe, but the Zamberlans I had to go down to a 9. The Zamberlans in 9 feel just a touch longer than the Crispis and Hanwags in 9.5.
Is the crispi Colorado stiffer than the Makra? Gohunt has them both listed as a 4 flex.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have the mountain treks, they took awhile to break in (probably still not completely broken in) but it’s one of their stiffer mountaineering boots.

I put lathrop and sons insoles in them which are pretty low profile, I hiked up a mountain with them the other day and they felt good.

Poltax

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of the 980 Outfitters GTX. I never really felt like I had to break the boot in. It just always felt good. I have pretty weak ankles and I have all the support I need. I love my Asolo's Fugitives, but after awhile the side wall seemed to break down and I kept rolling my ankle to the point I would actually hit the ground. After it happened 3 times in one day, I was off to find another pair of boots. The Zamberlins are doing very well for me.

The thing to remember is that everybody has different size and width of feet. Also arches are different on everyone. What may work for one person may not work for another. Just keep that in mind as your looking for your new pair of boots. Each manufacture uses their own lasts and so that is why the fit is different from one builder to the next. Also your shoe size may vary from one Brand to another.