Zenbivy Bed?

fulltiltaudio

Lil-Rokslider
I've been eying the zenbivy for quite some time and the thought now of pairing an EE quilt at 22 oz and a 9 oz sheet is making it super enticing now. I've been hesitant to just try a quilt, but that seems like the perfect combo...I may just have to place an order soon. Dang you!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I'm interested in this. As a side only sleeper, when I'm not in a hammock, my sleep sucks.

I've gone through this entire thread, watched videos, and looked at their website. Can someone who has this set up explain:

The weights and packed sizes they are providing, is this WITH a pad/their pad?

What does this "system" actually consist of? Quilt, pad oversheet that marries to quilt, anything else?

Thanks from Ape no understand #2

Anyone using the zinbivvy lightbed have an opinion on the setup time? I tried out the Big Agnes Lost Ranger and really liked it but the multiple zippers drove me insane. Looks like the zinbivvy may be more practical

Also very intrigued. What pads are you all using with the sheet setup? Any cons with this setup at all?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I'm interested in this. As a side only sleeper, when I'm not in a hammock, my sleep sucks.

I've gone through this entire thread, watched videos, and looked at their website. Can someone who has this set up explain:

No, it is sheet and quilt, unless you are looking at the full kit list with their pad.

What does this "system" actually consist of? Quilt, pad oversheet that marries to quilt, anything else?

Quilt and sheet.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Anyone using the zinbivvy lightbed have an opinion on the setup time? I tried out the Big Agnes Lost Ranger and really liked it but the multiple zippers drove me insane. Looks like the zinbivvy may be more practical

10 seconds or so. Everyone I know leaves their Zenbivy mated together in the stuff sack.

Blow mattress up, start at one end of pad, pull end of Zenbivy out, attach sheet over pad, pull down and attach other end of sheet to other end of pad. Done.

RyanC

WKR
I am interested in the Light Bed as well. Waiting for them to get the 25 degree Convertible footbox in stock. I was told end of May they are expected to have inventory ready to go.

10 seconds or so. Everyone I know leaves their Zenbivy mated together in the stuff sack.

Blow mattress up, start at one end of pad, pull end of Zenbivy out, attach sheet over pad, pull down and attach other end of sheet to other end of pad. Done.
You don’t attach the clips from the sheet around the mattress?

Thanks from Ape no understand #2
Out of town right now. If you remind me next week I’ll weigh it and put it in the thread.

Kinda curious what the “real-world” weight is and how closely it aligns to advertised.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Now that I have a better understanding of the set up, where generally I'd still be using my own pad-do any side sleepers find the zenbivy is helpful?

I can appreciate the freedom of movement with the quilt, but comfort and my same pad I can't see being that much different. Any side sleepers care to share?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Now that I have a better understanding of the set up, where generally I'd still be using my own pad-do any side sleepers find the zenbivy is helpful?

I can appreciate the freedom of movement with the quilt, but comfort and my same pad I can't see being that much different. Any side sleepers care to share?

I’m a side sleeper that had a significant injury to my hip and femur last year that I normally sleep on. Even still I was able to side sleep on it. With the right pad it’s a baller setup- side sleeping is where it shines the most.

Last edited:

Dobermann

WKR
I’m a side sleeper that had a significant injury to my hip and femur last year that I normally sleep on. Even still I was able to side sleep on it. With the right pad it’s a baller setup- side sleeping is where it shines the most.
Hi Form, now they've come back in stock, I was just about to pull the trigger, only to see there's now two options, 'Fast Footbox', and 'Convertible Footbox'.

Which one do you run? What pros and cons do you see to each?

Cheers!

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Hi Form, now they've come back in stock, I was just about to pull the trigger, only to see there's now two options, 'Fast Footbox', and 'Convertible Footbox'.

Which one do you run? What pros and cons do you see to each?

Cheers!

Both. If you only want to use it with the footbox, and not as an open sheet, the Fast footbox is the one. Most “want” the flexibility of the convertible, but never actually use it. However, if you know you will use it as an open sheet, then the convertible it is.

Mine has been in footbox mode since day one.

fulltiltaudio

Lil-Rokslider
I just did a short write up of converting an Enlightened Equipment revelation quilt to work with the zen bivy sheet. So for those waiting for zenbivy to come in stock and wanting to save a little weight from the zen bivy, it might be an option! EE has a handful of in stock ready to ship options. I am pretty excited to try it out and put it to the test!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I just did a short write up of converting an Enlightened Equipment revelation quilt to work with the zen bivy sheet. So for those waiting for zenbivy to come in stock and wanting to save a little weight from the zen bivy, it might be an option! EE has a handful of in stock ready to ship options. I am pretty excited to try it out and put it to the test!

That’s a good job. I do want to point out to people that the Zenbivy of equal temp rating has significantly and noticeably more loft and is warmer those temps than EE.

Cargyle13

FNG
Wondering how the 25° is. Debating between that or 10°. Mainly used August and September.

Dobermann

WKR
I've just ordered the 10° quilt with a 25° sheet - mainly because that was all they had in stock, but also figuring that the quilt is doing most of the work, and I prefer not being too hot-headed ... and can always wear a light beanie if needed.

No idea if this will work or not, but should have some reference points in a couple of months' time ...

I hate sleeping bags and usually just use my 20 degree El Coyote quilt for archery elk and I’ve always been good even in surprise late snow storms. I am doing second season elk in CO this year and was going to upgrade to a 0 deg WM bag but dread my feet being tangled up (side sleeper). Do you guys think the zen bivy light 10 system will cut it on a good thermarest pad?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I hate sleeping bags and usually just use my 20 degree El Coyote quilt for archery elk and I’ve always been good even in surprise late snow storms. I am doing second season elk in CO this year and was going to upgrade to a 0 deg WM bag but dread my feet being tangled up (side sleeper). Do you guys think the zen bivy light 10 system will cut it on a good thermarest pad?

Everyone’s body is different, but yes. It’s as good as the vast majority of 0° bags.

If you do get cold, boil water, put it in a Nalgene and throw it in the footbox.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
What are most of you guys using-the zenbivy 10 degree bed (3lb 7oz) or the light bed 10 degree (2 lb) ?

I wasn't sure if when saying "zenbivy" some are being specific to that exact bed or using it interchangeably for both products.

Over a pound difference between the two, I'd like to know what is different.