2016 Wa Spring Rondy

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did we come up with any dates on this? June 18th, July 9th or 19th would work for me. Any input?

OP
BroodBuster
We have June 18 on the table. That is Fathers Day weekend so may want to keep that in mind.

I'm a yea for June 18th.

Lets here some yea or nays for June 18th.

If we can pin down a date it may be easier to then pin down a location.

p.s. I'd still love to see some more of the new members join us (and older members of course). Two years ago I hiked in solo without knowing anybody and had an absolute blast so please know any and all are invited and encouraged to attend!

Thanks!

OBP

WKR
I would not be able to go if it's over Father's Day weekend, spending that time with my family. FWIW

Steeliedrew

Lil-Rokslider
Car camping, shooting and gear talk sounds like a good time to me. I'd also be down for a good weighted hike. I've got a 300 win mag to bring along. Although, Father's Day weekend would be a no go for this guy.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
My son and I checked out the twin lakes recreation site this weekend. We had a great time and caught some nice rainbows.

07%20Dylan_zpsiss2rsso.jpg

IMG_3000_zpst8lcdyno.jpg

05%20Dylan_zpscmpgg4xh.jpg

01%20Dylan%20and%20Me_zpsncryamox.jpg

01%20Sunset_zpsas6mmbu6.jpg

OP
BroodBuster
Thanks Justin!

OK then. Twin Lakes Recreation Area looks like a really good somewhat central location. So Twin Lakes it is.

Now for the dates. Being lowland we could do this anytime from here thru June. I'd just as soon stay away from July as that is after snowmelt and I'll be busy as I assume many here will be with scouting, game cams etc...... I'd also like to avoid Memorial Day weekend as that will be way too crowded.

So I'd like to propose one of the following.........

One of the first 3 weekends in May or
One of the first 2 weekends in June.

Please submit your first and second choice and we will try and accomodate as many folks as possible.

p.s. Those are some chunky looking bows!

OP
BroodBuster
^^^I totally agree^^^

And the tics just get thicker and thicker the closer to summer we get. That and the fishing is probably better earlier in the season.

May 7 would be my first choice too.

OBP

WKR
I'd vote for 30 apr/1 may, second choice 7 may.

Strike that. My vote is for 7 May as well.

Last edited: