2016 Wa Spring Rondy

JayPee

FNG
I'm heading in Friday afternoon/evening, with my 10 yo son. I should be at the trailhead around 5:30 or 6:00, if anyone wants to meet up and hike in together.

I can probably meet then. Looks like it might be a bit cooler, maybe even wet

JayPee

FNG
Just looked at recent trip reports, looks like the trail has a decent amount of snow still and a few blow downs and some high running water. Hopefully the rain tapers off by tomorrow

OP
BroodBuster
Perfect-Wont be so crowded :). I did add gaiters to the list though! It should be dry but if we do get caught in a thunder storm we may get dumped on for a little while. I'll be bringing a tarp along with my tent but it's pretty small. May need a couple of tarps??

Looks like I'll be out early Sat morning as I've got to give my Mom a ride Fri evening which means I'll be sitting in ~4hrs of traffic :(.

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
Me and my hunting partner will be joining Saturday morning as well ! Will be setting up a bt2 and 1 man tent, will probably leave trailhead about 9 I plan to bring a fishing pole ;) should be a good time weather is nice here now just a little sprinkle today

Last edited:

JayPee

FNG
Hopefully the trail is passable for my son. If not, my backup plan is to camp at Cooper.

From what I read, if you take your time there are ways around the deeper water, log crossings and such. I imagine the snow should be getting thinner. Crawling over a bunch of downed trees will be a good workout though

7mag.

WKR
The only thing I'm worried about is swollen creeks. This is my son's first backpack trip, and I want it to be a positive experience.

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think we will have any problems to Pete it's after if you want to go to spectacle lake there's snow and high water

is their cell service in this area? my family and i were going to head out this weekend but looks like rain down south here
is the pete lake a dryer area, looks like rain their too on noaa
is their a lot of camping areas as well? never been their
just picked up a 10x10 luna 6 we are excited to try

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
Check WSDOT heard pass is going to be closed tomorrow am for tree removal

OP
BroodBuster
is their cell service in this area? my family and i were going to head out this weekend but looks like rain down south here
is the pete lake a dryer area, looks like rain their too on noaa
is their a lot of camping areas as well? never been their
just picked up a 10x10 luna 6 we are excited to try

No cell coverage. Your pretty deep in a valley. There s/b plenty of room. As far as rain it is a pretty dry area. But if a thunderstorm parks overhead it could be a gullywasher. I doesn't happen very often but......that's why God invented axes and tarps :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are packed up but we may stay closer to home and head up in the indian heaven wilderness
if we decide to come up their i will update
thank you for the information as well
have a great time

OP
BroodBuster
Good times with a great crew!!!

07c4209b85e2919aa6201b6163253373.jpg

a3cea68752ee468424b239b83c987653.jpg

Till next year......

43ae23cc54c19c4bb7be8890a05577a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the big Mao

Lil-Rokslider
If we have a normal snow year, Alpine Lakes and the Enchantment area is a no-go due to snow load. I'd also (as a Project Healing Waters guide) strongly recommend you not try wade-fishing in the streams due to the runoff; the Wenatchee around this time is running 4-5,000cfs, and can get up to class VI. Car camping somewhere in the basin does open up the opportunity to put up some nice camps though, and do some great food. We do it once in a while for Washington Fly Fishing Forum, but we've learned to keep the younger members away from the home-made Kaluha with Everclear in it!!!