2016 Wa Spring Rondy

tri2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
I would be up for this trip and May 7th would work just fine. Will this be an adults only trip? I can throw the motor on the raft and bring it to aid in the fishing. I could also bring a gun or two.

Many of you already know who I am and what I look like. I am famous? Notorious? Maybe just a legend in my own mind!
Anyway it would be fun.

tri2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Define adult :)

Kids are certainly welcomed regardless of their actual age :eek:

Good point on defining adults? Mainly I don't want to be the guy that brings his kid to a gathering that other folks want to let loose in ways they don't feel comfortable doing around kids. I will be more than happy to be there and watch/participate in the debauchery, as a completely innocent bystander though.
Not that I necessarily think it will be, but I also am not ready to bring my 9 year old if it is just going to be an overly drunk bonfire with dudes measuring their shlongs if you know what I mean. Especially since he may embarrass a few grown men! :D

OP
BroodBuster
Understood. I think most here on Rokslide understand how important it is for us hunters to be good role models for kids just learning about the outdoors. I think we can balance that line of having fun and being responsible.

Jason's boy was a hoot to have in camp two years ago and I certainly hope they both make again this year.

tri2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds good. I was mostly messing around with my statements anyway. Every person I have met personally or dealt with through my situation, from this site have been some of the best this world has to offer.
I will keep an eye out for further details.
Also if anyone in my neck of the woods wants to ride along in my rig I will have room for three more besides my son and I.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be bringing my 9 year old son for sure. He loves camping, fishing, shooting, and throwing rocks.

This is the little monster on the trip a couple years ago.

DylanFishing_zpsfe12f2d4.jpg

IMG_0157_zps8e88a1bc.jpg

tri2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Good to know you will be bringing your son, and good to know he knows all the cuss words already. That way my son won't be teaching him any bad habits. Hopefully your son likes Metal Music though, cause my sons favorite is Five Finger Death Punch. His Mom loves me for that one??

Ben

WKR
Got word from work that I'll be transferring to WA in the near future. If I'm back in time, I'd love to go along. Any issues with bringing dogs? I have a few spots that I used to go to and another that is supposed to hold mountain goats which would be fun to glass for.

Sounds like a great time but a bit far for me. 4 hours plus probably from the Puget Sound. If any West siders have a gathering a bit closer, I'd be interested.

JayPee

FNG
Damn how did I miss this until now. Is it still this weekend? It's mother's day on Sunday

I would love to get out and meet some people from here, shoot the bull and some guns, get you drunk and find out your secret areas J/K

OP
BroodBuster
Yea I've been meaning to bring this up since Saturday when my father called me for Mother Day plans :eek:. After scheduling around Fathers Day I can't believe I didn't realize this was scheduled for Mother Day! Doh!!!!

So I can't make it either.

I am still up for a Pete lake trip in June though.

7mag.

WKR
Yea I've been meaning to bring this up since Saturday when my father called me for Mother Day plans :eek:. After scheduling around Fathers Day I can't believe I didn't realize this was scheduled for Mother Day! Doh!!!!

So I can't make it either.

I am still up for a Pete lake trip in June though.

I'm up for Pete Lake in June.

OP
BroodBuster
Cool regarding Pete Lk.

June 4, 11 or 25? I'm scheduled to work the weekend of the 11th but should be able to swap that out so any of the three would work.

And sorry about Twin Lakes :(. Hopefully some can still make it out and if not maybe Pete Lk in June.