Best bag for the money?

Nemo stalker 0 degree is what I have been using for the last year or so from alaska to montana and idaho. Its been awesome.

OP
Mtwood24

Mtwood24

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up buying an Enlightened equipment 0 degree revelation, after hearing about quilts on this post. I’ll be sure to report back after trying that out. Also I’ll be trying out one of those kilos sleeping pads that I’ve been getting ads for. I’m curious if that is a “sleeper” product or if it’s junk.

I will advocate for the Outdoor Vitals StormLoft 0 degree quilt! Minimal drafts if you know what you're doing, and less than most if sleeping on a pad. Zero issues in a hammock.

wyogoat

WKR
Sign up for the Sierra Design newsletters on their site and they run a couple solid specials a year too. I have their 20 degree zipperless bag too and love it for warmer weather trips.

I've owned multiple sleeping bags over the years. Various military, Kelty, Sierra Designs, Coleman, etc. Finally broke down and ordered a Western Mountaineering Badger. Provided I care for it well, it ought to last several decades, and the quality of build is phenomenal.

Got a big Agnes lost ranger 3n1 15 degree last season (at a discount). Really cool system can use for different temps as I hate being too hot in warm weather but can also stay warm when it gets cold. Very lightweight and packs down super small.

Codyws128

FNG
Sierra Designs Nitro
+1 on the sierra nitro i have the Sierra designs nitro 0 Degree it has been great. If your looking for a down sleeping bag for the money its a great bag. I also picked up mountain equipment firefly thing packs down well and weighs nothing (1 pound 4 ounces) 800+ fill rated down to 30 degrees. its currently 40% off at backcountry great bag for being under $300.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Now I’m kind of intrigued by the quilt idea. I have a Kifaru sawtooth and a stove for it. Should that sway me one way or the other? I live in montana and I’d count on camping in temps dropping to around 10 degrees. I’d probably be feeding the fire most the night if it was that cold anyways.
A quilt is really preference. I had a Marmot Phase 20 for years and never slept well, woul frequently open it up like a quilt. Last year I got a Ketabatic Alsek 22 and I sleep much better. I really hate the restriction of a bag.

I gave the Phase 20 to my hunting buddy who is very close to the same size and build as me. He loves it and it is his favorite bag because of how tightly cut it is.

Quilts are not for everyone, nor are bags for everyone.

MTHokie

FNG
I just purchased a zero-degree bag and hemmed and hawed between the following:
Sierra Designs Nitro, Nemo Sonic, Paria Outdoors Thermodown, Hyke and Byke Eolus, and MTN Hardwear Bishop Pass

I get a decent discount on Sierra Designs, Nemo, and MTN Hardwear. My kids have both MTN Hardwear and Sierra Designs 15 degree bags. My preference would have probably been to go with the SD Nitro, but it is out of stock (so is the Hyke and Byke). I ended up going with the MTN Hardwear Bishop Pass. I will try and post a bit of a review after a few sleeps in it.

I’m a quilt guy. Been running a UGQ bandit 10 degree for a long time. This year I’m trying a featherstone moondance 25 in long wide and it’s been pretty outstanding considering it’s 1/4 the price of the UGQ.

sneaky

"DADDY"

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Kelty Cosmic down. Those hippy dippy backpackers know a thing a or two about light, cheap and warm
Except the Cosmic series aren't light, or particularly warm. Inexpensive though.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk