Best bag for the money?

sneaky

"DADDY"
um yeah they are. sorry they don't work for you
Um, once you sleep in a good bag, you'll realize they're not nearly on the same level. They're heavier, lower quality duck down, slimmer cut, not as warm. You won't die in them, but there's better sleep to be had for sure.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
For fun compared Kelty Cosmic 20 to Nemo Riff 15. Pretty crazy how you get 20oz of 800FP vs 19oz of 550FP for very similar ratings on the tall bags. Makes you wonder about ratings.

Never knew 550 FP was even a thing. Must be chicken feathers. I know a guy who used to work at a poultry processing plant harvesting down, and he said the best down, the stuff they sold for the most, was all right around the bird’s sphincter - the ass hair, if you will.

fatlander

WKR
I had a 5 degree northface bag 800FP/synthetic hybrid bag (The One) and I now have a 30 degree Western Mountaineering bag(Megalite). There is no comparison between the two. The WM is warmer. I froze in the low 20s in the northface and I’m toasty in the 20s in the WM. The WM is less than half the weight, compresses to 1/3 the size, and roomier.

You get what you pay for with sleeping bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKB

Lil-Rokslider
Um, once you sleep in a good bag, you'll realize they're not nearly on the same level. They're heavier, lower quality duck down, slimmer cut, not as warm. You won't die in them, but there's better sleep to be had for sure.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
um. lots of inferences and assumptions here. I have slept in aloooot of sleeping bags in alot of different terrain and in alot of different temperatures. I am also a specific build and run a certain temp and have certain tolerances. all of which are probably different than you. I stand by my comment. The kelty cosmic is a good bag for the money.