Boy names

Just name him Gandalf and be done with it. Greatest wizard of Middle Earth. 🤣🤣🤣 I can hear him saying “You shall not pass!”

Named my boy Kolbin Hunter
Daughter is Harper Addysin
Daughter is Teagan Cassidy

Pick someone admirable in history, someone notable with a solid name. Maybe related to your ancestral heritage. tldr giving kids some “unique” name won’t really help them much other than make them the subject of mockery.

Rokbar

WKR
Name him the first thing you see tomorrow morning when you walk out the front door!. In all seriousness, a name goes with an individual far beyond death, so pick wisely. I personally like family names. Remember, kids can be the cruelest creatures on earth, so when you do pick one think of everything and anything that rhymes with said name. You all ever notice how some names go along with the latest block buster movies. Tristan, Dakota, Maverick....... You can count back and find a Tristan was probably born around the mid-90's.

Rokbar

WKR
Just call him Boy..

Hey Boy, get over here!

As for the hunter name, I knew a girl that named her son Catcher. She said the name Hunter means that you're always chasing after something while Catcher means that you're actually getting what you are going after.

The only problem with Catcher is that everyone thinks you like baseball.
That's what Jeramiah J. called that BOY that hung around with him.

Buffalo

FNG
We have two boys, Wilder and Ridge. It can be a unique name without being something people will never spell right. I wanted to use Oakley if we had a girl.

Last edited:
One more vote for keeping it boring/traditional/not after a celebrity/brand name. I'm all for naming your dog Gunner or Scout or Hoyt...they don't care what their name is and it's just a word to get their attention.

Your kid has to live his whole life introducing himself and signing documents as Smithen Wesson Johnson and maybe there will come a time he appreciates it but there will probably be lots of developmental moments where he wished his name was John or Zach.
We give our pets human names. We also have so feral cats we feed. The black ones get named after Batman actors. Micheal Keeton, Adam West, Fat Val Kilmer, nipple suit Clooney.

All the Utah parents should chime in here - they come up with the craziest, dumbest names…I personally think going that route can be a mistake, especially if the spelling is weird, it will make their lives hell.

intunegp

WKR
We give our pets human names. We also have so feral cats we feed. The black ones get named after Batman actors. Micheal Keeton, Adam West, Fat Val Kilmer, nipple suit Clooney.

Our cats are named Mowgli and Poop Chute. We fostered one we named Booger that my mother in law adopted. My sister in law's cat is Twerp and my sister's is Snickers. I'm all for going wild with cat names.

jimh406

WKR
It seems what used to be typical is now unique. I wouldn't want to have my kid's name misspelled his/her whole life. But, I'm sure I'm an outlier.

Pets are different since almost nobody will ever spell a pet's name.

Unckebob

WKR
Got a baby boy due in a few months. Still trying to come up with a good name. Looking for something unique. Any ideas?

My son goes by Cinco.

It would be be his legal name but for the fact he is first name, middle name, last name V.

Before we conceived him, I made my wife promise to let me name my first son "Cinco."