Colorado Draw Update Thread

Vids

WKR
TexasCub - You will receive a list of licenses that were not drawn in the mail, and you can mail in an application for a shot at one of those. It's a secondary draw that gives you a chance at tags before the leftover list goes public.

My pref points aren't updated either, but I got an email that I did not get the license I applied for.

paulbybee

FNG
My brother also received the 2 emails. Checked his credit card and the $40 charge is on there.
Not sure what to make of it. Probably call in next week and make sure everything is in order.

At this point that is what I am going to do. Wait and see what happens after the dust settles.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Mine seems right,

I applied elk PP, and a deer hunt,

I had a license last year,

no charges to bank yet...

in my CPW account, shows elk in "not awarded" column, $3..and I received an email saying I drew an elk PP, "
CHANGE DUE:"
$0.00USD

Deer in "entered" column, $3...

Last edited:

SoDaky

WKR
"alert Colorado Parks and Wildlife
2018 Successful Elk Application Payment
Dear Valued Customer,

You may have received an email stating that we were unable to charge your credit card on file for a recent elk application purchase.

We apologize, but this was sent in error as charges were applied after the email was sent. If you have received no further communication about your payment, then it was successfully charged for your preference points.

To review your transactions or check your preference points, please visit Home - Colorado Parks and Wildlife IPAWS.

Thank you."

Slim Jim

WKR
Dang it. Another unsuccessful draw for me. 0-8 last year and this year combined on all state tag apps. Good thing there is OTC hunts or I’d just be an archer and not a bowhunter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldawg

WKR
Luckily the good ol Cabela's card stays about 4 days behind posting charges so I don't have all that extra excitement of checking to see if my card is hit!

Oh my...the drama builds and builds!

Using the stats I know I drew either first or second choice deer and I got the email for PP elk as I will be OTC elk this year.

Problem is, my wife had me enter (and pay for) my daughter and her husband for the same archery deer hunt that was my first choice. It is their first ever big game hunt and I was told to share, pay for their tags, and play nice. My credit card only got hit for 2 deer tags, however.

Therefore, either (1) I am going ML for deer and being a disgruntled but gracious guide to both my daughter and her husband since I cannot hunt that late hunt that was my "honey hole"(acceptable but not preferred), (2) going archery hunting with my daughter for her first hunt ever and her husband did not draw (YAY! preferred option!!!!!), or (3) she did not draw I am archery hunting with her husband (not preferred).

Let's just get it over with already so I know if I need to buy a shovel or not!!

ahlgringo

WKR
I am also trying to find Elk numbers, from cnelks posts of the other links, I clicked on one of these links and then deleted the species, it then asks for a login and password. I think he must have a login?

No archery deer tag for me. Looks like otc or I’ll just go help my brother. I’m kicking myself for not buying an annual fishing license last year. The surprise $40 for 3 preference points isn’t going to be fun.

fishslap

WKR
Got lucky on my first choice with a 4th season buck tag. Now I can relax until November. I might scout a few new areas to add to my options.

Takem

WKR
I am also trying to find Elk numbers, from cnelks posts of the other links, I clicked on one of these links and then deleted the species, it then asks for a login and password. I think he must have a login?

I did the same thing. Not sure what's going on.

Tick

WKR
No luck. OTC or helping friends this year. Good luck to everyone that was successful.