Don't be a SMART ASS!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I've noticed a lot more smart ass remarks to questions. I understand there are threads where being a smart ass is ok. But if someone is asking a legitimate question, and you don't like it or don't have an answer, its ok to just say nothing!

So if your post disappears, now you know why!

Ryan, I've noticed the same as of late and appreciate you staying on top of it. One of the best things about Rokslide is the track record of respectful sharing of info. Thanks !

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed, keep the Campfire out of Rokslide and in the woods where it belongs.

Cgeb

WKR
My Momma used to say .. if you don't have anything good to say, then don't say it. Seems to hold some meaning on internet forums. Should be frowned upon, like crapping on someones classified ad.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
raypoerter, nothing has changed, we're just bigger than we used to be so it's a little harder to stay on top of.

If people are too childish to keep their mouths shut when they should and we catch it, we'll warn them once then if it doesn't change, Ryan pulls out the ban hammer.

Anyone we catch that belittles others goes packing.

We don't all have to like or agree with each other, but we all need to have respect for others.

I've met a few friends of members we've banned before that have said "Oh, if you knew him, you'd be surprised at what a nice guy he is."

They don't realize the real truth is their friend is a big chicken shit as evidenced by the fact that he can bash anonymously but not in person. He knows deep down he'd get his teeth kicked in if he treated people in person like he does on forums.

mt100gr.

WKR
^^^this. It's still the best, no doubt. But it has changed a lot since I joined in the "sub 5000 members" days.

Keep after it moderators! We are all behind you and do appreciate you.

HookUp

WKR
there is a lot of useless jabber internet forums, this site is not one of them. I didn't notice it but thanks for keeping this place top notch.

JDeanP

Lil-Rokslider
raypoerter, nothing has changed, we're just bigger than we used to be so it's a little harder to stay on top of.
They don't realize the real truth is their friend is a big chicken shit as evidenced by the fact that he can bash anonymously but not in person. He knows deep down he'd get his teeth kicked in if he treated people in person like he does on forums.

A lot of members/lurkers have been around for long enough to know who a lot of the other members are. When you know a guy, you can sling a bit of mud and he knows you well enough to tell its a joke. When you don't know a guy, its easy to see it as a real jab.

I'm a super sarcastic guy and I joke a good deal with those I know. Sometimes that doesn't translate well into the typed form. I try to keep that in mind when I type my posts and I try to keep that in mind when I read posts from others.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
JDeabP, we get all that and don't wanna be the fun police either. You must be doin' it right cause I've had no complaints so far...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly COlineman78, I'll prefer a dumbass over a smartass, at least they're not out attacking people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its the internet and with growth you get toolbags. I don't post a lot on this site but I lurk quite a bit and I think overall this crowd is better than most. With forums every once in a while you have one or two guys who show up and dominate the forum for periods of time. They do their best to be the biggest know it all jerk possible and then the site brass finally get sick of them and give them the boot.