Hollow Boot Sock thickness

gostovp

WKR
For those that have the Hollow Boot socks, how thick are they? I’m wanting to order a pair but am concerned they might be too thick.

OP
gostovp

gostovp

WKR
Mine are thinner than my darn toughs. Also breath much better
You have the Hollow Boot socks or the Hollow Crew? The crew Ive read are much thinner … but some reviews of the Boot talk about how thick they are
If the Boots are a bit thinner than Darn Tough that would be perfect

I have the skiing socks but use them for hunting. Last year I spent all day hiking through slushy snow. My feet felt warm and dry all day even though I rang a couple tablespoons of water out of the socks. No signs of trench foot.

OP
gostovp

gostovp

WKR
Thanks. I pulled the trigger on a couple pairs of Boot socks as they have a great sale going on now

I have no idea which model I have (given as a gift) but they are very thick and warm. More so than my heavy weight Darn Tough. I like them for extreme cold but have to size up in boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agross

WKR
I got a couple pair of the crew and a couple of the boot, same size. The boot fit great, the crew were way to tight and are going back. Really like the boot. Extremely comfortable. Think I’ll be getting a few more with this sale.

OP
gostovp

gostovp

WKR
I got my Hollow socks today. Boot socks are comparable to the Darn Tough Mid Weight Hikers… maybe a bit thicker, but seem more ‘cushy’. The pair of Crew socks I got are much thinner, don’t know if they would make a good hiking sock or not… maybe if it’s really warm. I got the beanie too… it’s a beanie … seems ok

OP
gostovp

gostovp

WKR
So I weighed a pair of the Hollow Boot socks and Darn Tough Mid Weight Hunters (thier ‘boot’ height sock). The Hollow Boot came in a 4.6 oz, and the Darn Tough at 3.15 oz., but the Hollow are at least 1.5 inches taller and are cushioned everywhere, while the Darn Tough are not that cushioned on the top of the foot.

I’m not sure the Hollow Boot would be good early season hiking / hunting socks… they might be too warm…I’ll take them on some summer hikes and see how they do. They would definitely be good later archery or rifle season socks, and I can see myself using them whitetail treestand hunting. I’ll likely end up keeping them… I’m a sock whore and have way too many pairs lol…

Color me surprised! Please let us know what you think after trying them out. l’ve done 2 x 1 week hunts in the Hollow skiing socks but haven’t tried the boot socks.