How do You Carry Your Binos?

SoYoCo

FNG
I have been using the Vortex chest harness for around 2 years, it’s nice but I loath the bungee cord closer. My buddy just bought the leupold chest rig. Seems like a nice design, I’m probably picking one up for this season…

another harness user. current favorite is OV, but going to grab a marsupial enclosed this year to try. i could never go back to any other way to pack my binos.... several years ago i used the crooked horn, which is about the most annoying way to carry binos.... for that type of carry, the rick young is a far better mouse trap, but i need more protection than they offer.... a year in an open harness like them will do some damage to binos with me wearing them.

OP
JW@TRACT

JW@TRACT

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Around my neck and under my right arm (left handed). Then my bugle tube does the same over the binos. Sometimes when I move just right my tube bangs against my binos and makes some nice glunking sounds. I've had bulls come in silently just from that.
That's really cool. There are folks all over the mountains trying to call bulls in and you can do it by moving.

260madman

WKR
I’m slumming an old Crooked Horn Outfitters harness. If I’m in my blind it just sits on my pack next to me. Walking and stalking I use the harness.

hicountry1

Lil-Rokslider
I use the cabelas brand bino cover.

I had been using the bino buddy harness, but I like the cover setup better

jreyna

FNG
I run the Badlands Bino XR system. Disappears well under a backpack and keep the glass nice a dry esp on cold morns when it's easy for your breath to freeze to the eye pieces.

dmike

FNG
Marsupial enclosed harness with rangefinder pocket on one side and accessory pocket on the other. Ran the Alaskan Guide pack for a while and it worked well, but was bulky when trying to go prone for a shot. Marsupial is much slimmer and positioned higher up on the chest.

OP
JW@TRACT

JW@TRACT

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
For the folks running enclosed harnesses, have you purchased additional pouches for your range finder or are the elastic pouches enough?

For the folks running enclosed harnesses, have you purchased additional pouches for your range finder or are the elastic pouches enough?
I have range finder pouch from marsupial that I change in between different size harness depending on the size of binos I'm carrying on that specific hunt

Sled

WKR

all of my harnesses have a separate RF pouch with lanyard. i'm picky about how they sit on the harness too.

KineKilla

WKR
I have Marsupials side pouch for my rangefinder, their pouch for my Garmin Rino and a third pouch just big enough to use during muzzleloader season that holds a couple reloads and tools.

I also have their lower hooks that hold my bow.

The rf stays on all the time, the muzzy and radio are installed as needed.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

SDHNTR

WKR
Kuiu pro harness. With Marsupial pro RF pouch. The Kuiu RF pouch is too small for Leica 2400.

Tried to make a FHF work but the fabric is too noisy for bowhunting, and the silly lid opens the wrong way!

SDHNTR

WKR
JW, glad to see you here. Glad you care enough to pay attention to us. Sorry for the tangent, but any chance you’ll be sending in one of your Toric scopes in for testing? I’d love to see how the new 2.5-15x44 does!