HUNTIT frame pack questions

Has anyone purchased one of these. The price is really cheap when compared to the popular name brands but I'd like to hear about them from someone who has used one...

OP
Strasburg89
Not sure if they are made of SPAM, they could be. That's why I am asking. Looking for a couple of packs but don't think I can swing over a K just for the packs. Thanks for the help though, glad you got a giggle

bozeman

WKR
Dont skimp on boots or pack......get a second hand Kifaru Duplex Lite or a Exo K3.....several on here for sale for under $500 with a bag.....you won't beat that combo and price.

OP
Strasburg89
I was actually Iooking for a Duplex frame as my buddy has a pack that will fit it. Got the boots good and broken in during last years Mountain Goat hunting with my buddy who drew a tag. We just needed some old pack frames and every bit of daylight to get him out the next day. This year I need a pack that will carry 4 days hunting with the capability of carrying out some meat on the first load. Thanks for the advice.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
That pack doesn’t look to have a hip belt capable of supporting over 30 pounds. The torso adjustment also looks skeptical, reminds me of an old Kelty pack I had that wouldn’t stay in place.

Dont skimp on boots or pack......get a second hand Kifaru Duplex Lite or a Exo K3.....several on here for sale for under $500 with a bag.....you won't beat that combo and price.
Even a K2 would be great if he could find one in good shape. I have a K3 belt on mine, but in its stock form, it is still a great pack.

If I was trying to spend less money and still have a great hunting pack, I’d be looking for a k2, I think they are probably the best bang for your buck today because they can be found fairly cheap (relatively of course)

I will not get rid of mine because to me, it’s more valuable to keep vs The price I would get selling it. Using my k2 today would not be a hindrance in any way

I just loaded it up the other day with 2 40# bags of horse bedding, and it still handles weight great

Prior to getting a k4, I had my k2 and duplex lite, and I couldn’t pick a favorite between the two. The k2 was not quite as stable as the duplex lite with really heavy loads, but is quite a bit more comfortable in hunting mode

I would carry just as much weight in either, but the kifaru locked it in a little better going through technical terrain with a really heavy load (like really steep or blowdown, etc)

The K4 just took the best attributes of both and incorporated them in, which is why I like it so much, but that doesn’t make the duplex lite or k2 any less excellent, and the k2 can be found quite a bit cheaper