I am sure this has been asked a ton. What is your arrow weight

nphunter

WKR
I would think you will be fine, not all shots are pass through shots regardless of head. I’ve shot several expandables through elk with a 500gr arrow at 275-280fps. I took a follow up shot on a six point bull at 90 yards with a Trypan and blew right through him.
I’m pretty happy with my current setup but my main reason for going heavy was that OR and ID didn’t allow mechanical heads so I built arrows that were slower and more forgiving to fixed heads. Now that both states allow mechanicals I think my next arrows will be a little lighter, I’ve got a couple dozen now so it will be a while for me.

I ended up with a new bow so I built some new arrows as well. I will be shooting 440gr arrows at about 290fps with the new bow.

dirtshooter

Lil-Rokslider
470ish grains
65#
28" Draw
No chrony capable of shooting with a bow lol

Worked last year at 60# so should work this year.

dan33

FNG
I've got black eagles setup right now at 665 or so. I'm tinkering with some right now that will probably end up around 580.

wyodog

FNG
410 grain Axis 340s at 301 fps. Kills elk easily and total pass through except once where the broadhead was buried in the offside shoulder. I use 100 grain muzzy trocars.