idaho elk 36a

I was wondering if any of you have any experience with idaho unit 36a? Heading out for an archery elk hunt this sept and was going to unit 49 but unit 36a looks like a pretty good unit as well. So if anyone has any experience out there I would love to hear some stories about it.

Bubba

FNG
I have hunted 36A for the past 3 years. I have never hunted 49 so i cannot compare. I have been into elk every year and continue to learn the area I'm hunting. I have seen some really nice bulls each year. The country is down right steep and make it hard to chase elk around. We pack in a few miles and hunt from our camp in the morning. I'll be going out next year at the end of archery season.

OP
E
Thanks for the info on 36a. We plan on hunting 49 but trying to gather info on 36a as a backup. I will be out the end of sept as well. Are the elk pretty vocal in that area? Also how about other people in the area like hunters hikers and bikers?

Bubba

FNG
Exploreress,

The elk will be vocal at times. The closer you are to them the more vocal they will get. But you can tell that due to wolfs in the area have impacted them being vocal. As for people, we have seen a few going in but have never ran into anyone in the area we are hunting.