Is 5 PP's going to be enough in the WY General Elk

I’m expecting major point inflation in the general for a general tag as people burn points and get out of the game. 6 or more points for the western region I’d bet.

I bet the special general becomes a 2 point tag in the western region, maybe a 1 point tag in the south, and 0 in the east.

That’s my guess.

Archer86

WKR
There won't be a change at all if anything the western region is going to creep the most of all there is a very small chance the west region is less then the last years point numbers for the special draw .Its going to be the most desired region elk tag in wyoming . South and east will take less I am sure but not west

Last edited:

fatlander

WKR
5 in the regular isn’t going to draw the western region. 5 might draw the south. It’ll probably take 3 to draw the east. Some of the influencers will talk about it being easier to draw, and their disciples will blindly apply.

The special increase isn’t going to change much in my honest opinion. Hunting elk out of state isn’t cheap. 1k more isn’t that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. According to the influencers, the must have archery sights are 600 bucks, 300 for a dozen 4mm arrows, and 100 bucks for 3 broadheads. What’s 1k more to actually be able to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There won't be a change at all if anything the western region is going to creep the most of all there is a very small chance the west region is less then the last years point numbers for the special draw .Its going to be the most desired region elk tag in wyoming . South and east will take less I am sure but not west
What makes the western region the most desirable? Trophy size?

ckleeves

WKR
I might be wrong but I think south is going to take about the same points as west. I don’t see it becoming a 1 point tag anytime soon. I wish it would but I just don’t see it.

elkocd

Lil-Rokslider
Unless you apply in the new East zone, the the num
I’m expecting major point inflation in the general for a general tag as people burn points and get out of the game. 6 or more points for the western region I’d bet.

I bet the special general becomes a 2 point tag in the western region, maybe a 1 point tag in the south, and 0 in the east.

That’s my guess.

Not a chance that min. points to draw in West or South are going to go down. Simple math. Just too many 4-7 point holders that realize a general tag is as good as they are ever going to draw. Maybe 25% of the guys drop out of the special, but there are still too many guys with many points to change the points it will take to draw. Yes, the random draw percentage will likely get better, but going from 15% to 25-30% is not really a huge change.

Archer86

WKR
I might be wrong but I think south is going to take about the same points as west. I don’t see it becoming a 1 point tag anytime soon. I wish it would but I just don’t see it.
I am with you. I think the south will be what the general last year was maybe 1 less and the west will likely creep up.

the only one that will see a significant drop is the east

Unless you apply in the new East zone, the the num

Not a chance that min. points to draw in West or South are going to go down. Simple math. Just too many 4-7 point holders that realize a general tag is as good as they are ever going to draw. Maybe 25% of the guys drop out of the special, but there are still too many guys with many points to change the points it will take to draw. Yes, the random draw percentage will likely get better, but going from 15% to 25-30% is not really a huge change.
We’ll see, that’s my guess. I think a lot of the 6-7 point holders are gonna shoot for general regular. West has the most tags, but it’s also the most desirable to a nonresident IMO.

4-5 might wait another year, and see how this year goes.

1-3 point holders are gonna go special, if they can swing it the cost. $2k is a lot of money for a tag, regardless it’s gonna be interesting to see how the price increase affects the draw.

Either way, this is gonna be me this year for the Wyoming draw with regards to bull/either sex tags…
1703090272052.gif

Archer86

WKR
I am sure its out there somewhere but wyoming might want to consider including the type 6 tags in the preferance point draw to use up some of those points. Those are some scary numbers over 100,000 point holders in the 1 through 3 bracket

I am sure it’s out there somewhere but wyoming might want to consider including the type 6 tags in the preferance point draw to use up some of those points. Those are some scary numbers over 100,000 point holders in the 1 through 3 bracket
F$ck don’t give them any ideas.

Plenty of type 4 tags out there that burn points, I don’t think it would do anything but make a type 6 tag harder and more expensive to draw.