Is 5 PP's going to be enough in the WY General Elk

Huntnnw

WKR
5 in the regular isn’t going to draw the western region. 5 might draw the south. It’ll probably take 3 to draw the east. Some of the influencers will talk about it being easier to draw, and their disciples will blindly apply.

The special increase isn’t going to change much in my honest opinion. Hunting elk out of state isn’t cheap. 1k more isn’t that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. According to the influencers, the must have archery sights are 600 bucks, 300 for a dozen 4mm arrows, and 100 bucks for 3 broadheads. What’s 1k more to actually be able to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yea it will! I have probably 4-5 buddies and including myself that would pay for last years special, but all out on the new increase

I think their gonna start talking about how many points a guy left on the table in wyoming at your funeral .

Special increase is less than $700, not enough to deter anybody that's applied special in previous years.
I hunted general a couple years ago, crusher bulls seen, in volume, but you can check me off the list of applying in the special. An elk just isn’t worth it to me. General random is my plan. I draw, I draw. If not, tons of other species to chase.

Scottf270

WKR
Pardon my ignorance but I'd like some help. I'm a non resident with 3 points for elk. I have a friend with a ranch in unit 116 that holds a few elk. Can I draw a bull tag in his area? Are their area 116 tags specifically or just east region general tags? Thanks for any help.

I will be going into the elk draw with 4 points for 2024 and I am wondering if its just a dream at this point of ever hunting bulls in Wyoming with a general tag. My folks live in Cody and I'd like to hunt bulls with my dad before he ends up in his grave. CWD rapidly spreading in that Cody Region adds a whole new plot twist to the debacle.

Laramie

WKR
Pardon my ignorance but I'd like some help. I'm a non resident with 3 points for elk. I have a friend with a ranch in unit 116 that holds a few elk. Can I draw a bull tag in his area? Are their area 116 tags specifically or just east region general tags? Thanks for any help.
116 is one of those rare areas where you can draw a LQ tag or hunt on a general tag. Here are the seasons and dates. You can draw in the special easily and maybe in the regular eastern general with 3 points- hard to predict how many that will take. The type 1 is really hard to predict with the change.
1703631698329.png