Kuiu vs Stone Glacier 2 person tent

TW907

FNG
What do you guys prefer the stone glacier skyscraper or kuiu mountain star tent?

I own/owned both. I like the SG a little better due to the length. But I thought the KUIU was easier and faster to set up. Both are great shelters. KUIU is lighter than the SG as well. Eventually I kept the SG because I kept rubbing my foot box on the KUIU (thick pad and thick bag).

MT_Wyatt

WKR
The SG would be my very strong preference for a poled shelter.

Can’t really compare weight directly, as the kuiu is a 3-season and the SG is a 4-season. The poles (look ant diameter) and interior volume are going to be main differences, apart from materials. If the tent is for fair weather use, the kuiu may suit you fine. They’ve had a lot of time to get that model flushed out.

The kuiu design isn’t bad. But do a little digging on the Slingfin site and you’ll note the designer of the skyscraper tent is WAY more experienced - it really shows in the designs and materials applied. Kuiu uses a high end manufacturer but I’ve never been overly impressed with their build quality. The Stone Glacier tents are more refined builds, better materials, stronger.

TXCO

WKR
Its probably better to compare the storm star to SG than the mountain star though honestly SG is probably in between the two.

I had a gen 1 skyscraper and sold it. It was a good tent just wasnt what I was looking for. I run a mountain star now for the weight savings, exterior poles and they added pole Sleeves. I also hunt archery seasons and dont worry about snow.

The modularity SG has now is nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EcoastDG

FNG
I've had my Skyscraper 2p for several years now. I've used it in all different types of terrain and weather. Beach camping in the Outer Banks and Assateague Island; High country in Idaho, Colorado, and Montana. I have not been gentle with this tent but it keeps trucking along. The only material showing any wear and tear is the main storage bag. I have looked at "upgrading" to a Hilleberg eventually, but then I realize that this tent has done everything I have asked it to. I'm hoping to keep using it for many years to come.