Looking for input on Hilleberg Tents

pkita99

FNG
Looking to purchase my first Hilleberg tent and after days of research I am stuck between the freestanding Niak and the Anjan 2. Would anyone out there have any input on what would be the better choice? I am hunting mostly northern Arizona but planning also to do some out of state trips to Colorado and Wyoming. I also looked into the Anjan 3 as it only slightly heavier than the 2 but i dunno if i need that much room.

Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I have both tents. Here are my thoughts:
1. 2 people in the Niak sucks because of the single door. If you're ever going with a partner, don't even consider the Niak.
2. The sloped rear wall of the Anjan will rub on your feet if you're over 6 feet tall and use an inflatable pad.
3. Both are easy to set up - just need to consider if you need freestanding
4. Both are very weather resistant but the Anjan is slightly more wind resistant due to the tunnel design.

Overall I prefer the Niak. Its my favorite tent for solo hunting when I know I'll be staying out no matter what the weather does.

OP
P

pkita99

FNG
I have both tents. Here are my thoughts:
1. 2 people in the Niak sucks because of the single door. If you're ever going with a partner, don't even consider the Niak.
2. The sloped rear wall of the Anjan will rub on your feet if you're over 6 feet tall and use an inflatable pad.
3. Both are easy to set up - just need to consider if you need freestanding
4. Both are very weather resistant but the Anjan is slightly more wind resistant due to the tunnel design.

Overall I prefer the Niak. Its my favorite tent for solo hunting when I know I'll be staying out no matter what the weather does.

Thanks for the great overview. Much appreciated. Have you ever had any issues with pitching the Anjan ? Too hard ground/rock or anything like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never have had any issues pitching it, but if I was hunting a lot in the desert I'd be a little more concerned. Worse case scenario you guy it out to rocks.