New Ti Suppressor from Silencerco

I bought one last week at a local dealer. We weighed it with the brake and direct thread mount on and it was 8.3 ounces. The brake weighed 1.1 ounce. I have a ti flat end cap for my Omega that if it fits will get the whole thing under 8 ounces.

I bought one last week at a local dealer. We weighed it with the brake and direct thread mount on and it was 8.3 ounces. The brake weighed 1.1 ounce. I have a ti flat end cap for my Omega that if it fits will get the whole thing under 8 ounces.
This is what sico sent over

Attachments

• 7AFFFF96-249A-44CC-8821-73B0EA017228.jpeg
    7AFFFF96-249A-44CC-8821-73B0EA017228.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 91
  • A92E8864-3FF2-4710-BCB6-6DCB229A5E08.jpeg
    A92E8864-3FF2-4710-BCB6-6DCB229A5E08.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 92
This is what sico sent over
I’m confused at what I’m seeing…. Why is the weight so high? I just bought one. The guys at Capitol Armory said it weighs less than the Nomad Ti and the suppression beats everything in that class. They also quoted right around 8oz for a direct thread and the end cap.

I’m confused at what I’m seeing…. Why is the weight so high? I just bought one. The guys at Capitol Armory said it weighs less than the Nomad Ti and the suppression beats everything in that class. They also quoted right around 8oz for a direct thread and the end cap.
This is with the asr hub and the asr sico brake

dang that ASR brake

is heavy. Have you ever shot with it? Any benefits to speak of?
That’s all I shoot with. The brake acts as a sacrificial baffle and protects the blast baffle of the can. For reference, here is my sico hybrid 46 with the asr mount, not including the brake.

Edit- the brake also makes sure the can is locked up tight and allows for quick switching between rifles

Attachments

• 1D347423-9F58-40DC-99A8-429CEBF6E858.jpeg
    1D347423-9F58-40DC-99A8-429CEBF6E858.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 50
I run everything direct thread. I have an Omega with over 6000 rounds down it including prs matches and the baffles still look great. Never had an issue with it coming loose either.

That’s all I shoot with. The brake acts as a sacrificial baffle and protects the blast baffle of the can. For reference, here is my sico hybrid 46 with the asr mount, not including the brake.

Edit- the brake also makes sure the can is locked up tight and allows for quick switching between rifles
Seems crazy that their mounting system weighs nearly as much as the can itself. I’ll pass…

I love my Omega can but this is tempting. Shorter, lighter and virtually no db difference... I use the ASR and swap between 300PRC, 300AAC and 6.5PRC. I can see dedicating this to my PRC's and leaving the Omega on my coyote gun.

Hmmm it seems I can get two harvester evo’s, plus a tax stamp for ONE of the Scythes. So I ask… why?

Edit: as a primarily bolt-gun user I didn’t think of the semi-auto application. So I bet it wins there? But for hunting, I still would rather have two harvester evo’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm it seems I can get two harvester evo’s, plus a tax stamp for ONE of the Scythes. So I ask… why?

Edit: as a primarily bolt-gun user I didn’t think of the semi-auto application. So I bet it wins there? But for hunting, I still would rather have two harvester evo’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Min weight (3oz) and length (1/2”) costs big $$$. For some worth it maybe. If it sounds as good or better than evo I’ll take one (rumors are it sounds pretty good).

Min weight (3oz) and length (1/2”) costs big $$$. For some worth it maybe. If it sounds as good or better than evo I’ll take one (rumors are it sounds pretty good).
Was about to say the same thing but I think it’s only saving like a tenth of an inch. The scythe is also fatter so more internal volume and presumably quieter than the evo

Back