New Ti Suppressor from Silencerco

Was about to say the same thing but I think it’s only saving like a tenth of an inch. The scythe is also fatter so more internal volume and presumably quieter than the evo

Which is wild because the evo is crazy quiet for it’s size. Does everything I could hope for. I’ll probably add another couple Evo’s to the collection just because I hate swapping it between rifles and end caps etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahoe1305

WKR
Was about to say the same thing but I think it’s only saving like a tenth of an inch. The scythe is also fatter so more internal volume and presumably quieter than the evo
Per their online spec true. But to compare apples to apples I think without the brake it’s down closer to 5.75” or so I read (I think in one of their brochures or press releases).

Those weights/lengths are without that.

OP
TxLite

TxLite

WKR
Per their online spec true. But to compare apples to apples I think without the brake it’s down closer to 5.75” or so I read (I think in one of their brochures or press releases).

Those weights/lengths are without that.
Good call
Which is wild because the evo is crazy quiet for it’s size. Does everything I could hope for. I’ll probably add another couple Evo’s to the collection just because I hate swapping it between rifles and end caps etc.
The evo is an attractive can for sure. My hybrid and specwar are monstrosities

Mrwoodard

FNG
My Evo weighs 13.5 ounces with the included 5/8-24 adapter vs 8.3 ounces for the scythe. I like my Evo and Omega but the scythe is half the weight of my Omega.

Tahoe1305

WKR
This was my Omega right after cleaning, probably still heavier than brand new.
View attachment 602729
Still won’t be as light as scythe but for $200 you used to be able to find Ti thread adapters and endcaps. With both of those vs factory mine was down to 12oz before some carbon build up. An easy way to split the difference (almost) if someone doesn’t want to drop another $1200.

OP
TxLite

TxLite

WKR
Still won’t be as light as scythe but for $200 you used to be able to find Ti thread adapters and endcaps. With both of those vs factory mine was down to 12oz before some carbon build up. An easy way to split the difference (almost) if someone doesn’t want to drop another $1200.
Hansohn brothers made me a ti end cap for my hybrid last year. Cost me $35 and shipped the next day. Great guys to work with

Mrwoodard

FNG
That is a ti end cap but it does have the steel direct thread adapter in it. I probably need to soak it longer next time.

Sevens

WKR
My Evo weighs 13.5 ounces with the included 5/8-24 adapter vs 8.3 ounces for the scythe. I like my Evo and Omega but the scythe is half the weight of my Omega.
Swap for a Ti adapter and you can drop an ounce to an ounce and a half. I put a DDC Ti adapter in mine and got it to 12.1 ounces.

eltaco

WKR
Mine arrived at the dealer a couple of weeks ago, but it’ll be in jail for quite a while before I’ll have a chance to put it to use. Unfortunately, I can’t offer anything in terms of review… but sure looked nice in the box!

Can’t wait to hear some reviews from unpaid / less biased reviewers, but overall I’m pretty confident it’ll be a good can with the success of the Harvester Evo.

I’ll be putting this on my Seekins Element 6.5PRC.
22b339f9c32209986e8d36ec05bae525.jpg

Tod osier

WKR
... vs 8.3 ounces for the scythe.

Just to clarify weight, I'm missing something... the Scythe is the listed 6.2 ounces on Silencer shop and 7.3 on silencerCO website (apparently this is a naked weight), but the 8.3 ounces you list is the total weight adding the included direct thread 5/8" adapter or is 8.3 a typo?

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Mine arrived at the dealer a couple of weeks ago, but it’ll be in jail for quite a while before I’ll have a chance to put it to use. Unfortunately, I can’t offer anything in terms of review… but sure looked nice in the box!

Can’t wait to hear some reviews from unpaid / less biased reviewers, but overall I’m pretty confident it’ll be a good can with the success of the Harvester Evo.

I’ll be putting this on my Seekins Element 6.5PRC.
22b339f9c32209986e8d36ec05bae525.jpg
That looks awesome. If I was in the market for another silencer, thats what I'd get.

ID_Matt

WKR
Would you mind linking that? I can only seem to find 2 threads on this suppressor and neither have info from someone who’s shot with it.

towards the end

Tahoe1305

WKR
Just to clarify weight, I'm missing something... the Scythe is the listed 6.2 ounces on Silencer shop and 7.3 on silencerCO website (apparently this is a naked weight), but the 8.3 ounces you list is the total weight adding the included direct thread 5/8" adapter or is 8.3 a typo?
I’ll let them reply, but read this weight a few times now too and yes it’s all in. Estimating with a normal Ti endcap and not the brake, would be closer to ~7.5oz.