Shrek's 6.5 saum build

KMD

Banned
WLRMs in mine.
Last time I strapped the chrony on my 6.5, my 130HVLD and 140JLK loads had an ES of 8 & 13fps, respectively.
Vertical dispersion on target at distance is similarly excellent.

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
I have been working on finding a load for the 150gr Matrix this last week. Dropped the charge back on a new lot of retumbo and worked back up to 62.7 but pressure was too much and velocity spread was extreme. Then shot 62.5 with cci 250 lighting it and it was looking good 3051 , 3052 , 3052 , 3042 , 3154 !!!! Wtf ! One of the cases had more bullet seating resistance and I should have marked it but didn't. I shot 62.3 today without the magnetospeed on it for accuracy and got this. I used some of the ice I'm keeping the ammo on to cool the barrel between shots three and four and I don't know if that screwed the group or if it was another pressure spike. I shot two shots with RL26 for pressure and 58.5 at 3010 was slightly too hot. Just finished loading five each of retumbo 62.5 lit by cci 200 primers and 58.1 RL26 lit by ccI 200 primers. I'm going to see if the cci 200 primers help with ES and SD.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 127
OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
Just an update on my 6.5 RSAUM 4S build. I just received the gun back from Darrel Holland (he installed his radial break). Will be bedding rifle this week, then Cerakote, install Jewel trigger mount scope and shoot. Almost done!

Looks great !

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
As for my 6.5 SAUM it has come around a bunch. I was still chasing velocity with the 150gr Matrix and being disappointed until I tried the HBN treatment I read about over on Longrangeonly.com. I first just treated the bullets and I dropped most of my pressure spike problems them I treated both the barrel and bullets and all my extreme ES and SD problems were solved. I have no pressure indications and I'm running 3026 fps and the last two five shot strings had SD of 6.4 fps and 9.2 fps and the combined strings had an ES of 18 fps. The last two five shot groups were .9 moa and 1.1 moa . I'm hoping to shrink the groups with some seating depth work but I ran out of time before I left to hunt. It dropped my bull in its tracks just a few days ago :). I'm working on a new lighter stock but it has had issues and had to go back.

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
NBK1 , I'm not generally too worried about where threads I start go but if you really want to share about your build good form would be to start your own thread about it. It's getting confusing as to which rifle we're talking about. It looks like a great build and look forward to your thread.

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
Swarovski Z3 4-12×50 BT . No more Zeiss for me ever ! I'm done with bad erectors , slow service , and faulty repairs.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Watch the Swarovski's close as well. Have shot bunches, and they have tracking issues about as much as anyone.