Stone Glacier and Kifaru

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I do not currently have a working hanging scale, but I will remedy that soon. My best guess is upper 40s. I packed my light solo gear setup including shelter, water system, kitchen, food, Rokslide kill kit, spotter and tripod, camera, gps, first aid kit, and extra clothes, just like I was heading out for five days. I will get some weights up as soon as I can.

I plan on taking the same load on the same hike as an introductory hike with the Kifaru.

bobhunts

WKR
I would like to hear some reviews after others have used this pack! One mans pleasure is anothers something else! What weight were you carring in the pack and what weight would you expect it to carry? comfortably or somewhat with a heavy load? Do the load lifters work and would you pack out your animal with this pack as shown? Is the fabric the pack is made of durable? I have not been to there website so I am asking these questions in general.Bob.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I would like to hear some reviews after others have used this pack! One mans pleasure is anothers something else! What weight were you carring in the pack and what weight would you expect it to carry? comfortably or somewhat with a heavy load? Do the load lifters work and would you pack out your animal with this pack as shown? Is the fabric the pack is made of durable? I have not been to there website so I am asking these questions in general.Bob.

Bob,

This is just the first introductory video. I will be getting deep into the construction of the pack soon. I have a bunch of load-hauling and durablitiy tests planned. As I mentioned in the post before yours, I will soon have a good hanging scale, and can get some narrowed down weights, but I am guessing my load for this hike was in the high 40's. Stay tuned for much, much more.

P.S. the load lifters are functional.

Slim Jim

WKR
Cool video Matt

How does it lay against back? Is there airflow or is your back wet from sweat? Does the bag barrel at all?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Cool video Matt

How does it lay against back? Is there airflow or is your back wet from sweat? Does the bag barrel at all?

SJ,

I didn't have it stuffed enough for barrelling, and my back did get sweaty, but no more so than most packs I have tried, including the "hypervent" type designs. I haven't found a system yet that eliminates the sweaty back. I will keep this in mind as we go on.

Nice i am really interested in the stone glacier, but it's so hard to buy one without putting your hands on one. I have a kuiu so one thing I would like to know is the stone glacier KRUX frame stiffer and less flex than a KUIU. And I was also wondering how the KRUX attaches onto the waist belt. One of the drawbacks of the KUIU is the two ears on the bottom of the pack where the waist beltt attaches is a weak point. Also how easy is it to access the load sling. Are there several steps or is it real easy to and fast to go to meat hauling mode.

Whisky

WKR
Nice i am really interested in the stone glacier, but it's so hard to buy one without putting your hands on one. I have a kuiu so one thing I would like to know is the stone glacier KRUX frame stiffer and less flex than a KUIU. And I was also wondering how the KRUX attaches onto the waist belt. One of the drawbacks of the KUIU is the two ears on the bottom of the pack where the waist beltt attaches is a weak point. Also how easy is it to access the load sling. Are there several steps or is it real easy to and fast to go to meat hauling mode.

Check out their website. I was on it earlier today and they have videos explaining a few things, the load sling being one of them.

Been on the website and watched all the videos. Still didn't answer my questions. It's hard to see from the videos and web site pictures how the frame looks frm the front and back and how rigid the frame really its

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Mike, I don't know if we had our wires crossed, but I was talking about the bikini frame.