What bow is everyone shooting?

Bowtech destroyer 340! It’s an oldie, but I’m a lefty with a draw of 31”. I’ve shot other bows before, but thjs js by far my favorite. Incredibly smooth and powerful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colterw

FNG
Using the 2017 Mathews Halon 32. It's on its third set of strings but still works for me.

Backcountry_Preacher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Mathews TRX 38 G2. By far the best bow I've ever shot. I'm by no means what I'd consider a great archer and I feel I can't miss with this thing.

Shooting a Mathews Traverse and also a 30in Halon 7.

The 30in. Halon 7 never got as much hype as the Traverse, which is a great bow, but for some reason I prefer the 30in Halon over the Traverse. Just find it odd that I can shoot the 30in ata Halon more consistently than the 33in ata Traverse?

Went back to my Elite Synergy for the upcoming deer season. Used a Hoyt Nitrum 30 last year no issues just wanted to get the dust off the Elite. I also have a Switchback hanging around. I just can't find a newer offering from any of the companies that I can justify buying when the bows I have shoot great.

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
I've always had a mathews bow, and am looking to upgrade this year. I'm not particular on only mathews, so I'm willing to try any others. What are some of the better shooting bows out there?! Thank you!!
Curious, which bow did you end up with after all these suggestions or opinions?
edit: I just seen your post #84 to show what you ended up with. Sounds sweet.

Last edited:

JRB7

FNG
Shooting a Hoyt RX1, but I am really thinking about upgrading to an RX7 if I can get a good deal on one after the new Hoyt carbons come out

scodylee

FNG
Bowtech Insanity CPXL and I love it. Shoots just as fast and feels just as good as the latest models.

Reedler

FNG
I’m back and forth between my Mathews v3 27 and my V3X 29. I’ll probably end up with the 27 in the tree to start off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ndfb35

FNG
PSE Mach 34. Hasn't been a better bow made for what I like and I shoot PSE carbons better than anything else.

RayF

FNG
My 2018 Obsession Turmoil RZ. I know the company gets a lot of sneers, but I can't find a bow that shoots better for me.

The bow that fits you, seems everyone is a bit different. I think anymore they all shoot good. Find one that fits you and that you understand how to tune, or is supported by a local shop that knows how to tune it and can service it.
This.

I went into the shop a few years back to buy a new rig. I was dead set on purchasing a Triax and after 3 hours in the shop I left with a fully rigged Vertix. I’m a short guy, and thought that the shortest ata would be best, but the extra 2” on the Vertix seemed to do nothing but help. Not every bow is meant for every person. Feel is the most important factor in making the decision of which is right for you.

Yoder

WKR
2008 Bowtech Commander. I've had it two years. It's a great bow. Super quiet and I shoot really well with it. It's a little heavy but other than that it kills stuff.

Mathews V3 31 28.5" draw and 75lb mods cranked tight it's drawing 79 lbs. I love this bow and shoots and tunes very well. I also alternate in a Bear Kodiak Hunter recurve 55# at 28" it's fun to get back to the roots of archery sometimes. Really makes you realize how far archery has come and appreciate the ease of use for a well tuned compound at western yardages past 20.